Value of: Morgan Frost after the expansion draft

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
I know you want a defenceman, but if Copp doesn’t want to extend in Winnipeg (RFA after this year, 1 yr) would you be interested in him extended in Philly? Always liked Frost and was upset when we didn’t take him.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I know you want a defenceman, but if Copp doesn’t want to extend in Winnipeg (RFA after this year, 1 yr) would you be interested in him extended in Philly? Always liked Frost and was upset when we didn’t take him.
Couturier
Hayes
Patrick

Copp is having a great year but the Flyers don't "need" him. It sucks that Frost got hurt this year since we could have used him with all these Covid cases and injuries.

I know people have short memories, but Frist was voted the Flyers top prospect this past fall with an 80% vote. The injury is a setback but he still has the same upside as before. No need to trade him unless it's for a long term RHD, IMO.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Are we also thtowing in a handjob and 50 mil too. Jesus....

I’m not as high on frost as others as I think his tendency to play on perimeter and inability to win board battles/lack of physicality is going to hold him back.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
What kind of value would Frost have as a trade asset? Looking at another top 4 defenseman.
I think the only way we move him is for an equal level young rhd Ofcourse we’d have to add but with the team set now and prospects I think it’d be a fine move

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Is that because of Jake McCabe taking him out earlier this year?

If so, rest easy. McCabe took himself out this year with what looks like a knee injury
Having Frost healthy right now would have been nice given the Flyers Covid issues as well as other injuries to prospects:

Covid:Giroux, Voracek, Konecny, Laughton, Lindblom
Injuries: Sandin, Laczynski, Allison, Foerster, Ratcliffe

We are due to dress Morin and Friedman...both at F for our next game. Both were expected to be our 3rd pairing just a few years ago.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
you arent getting a legit top 4 dman for forst. Maybe a similarly young dman that hasnt become an established NHLer yet

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Copp is a good player and this is in no way any Copp. But Flyers have enough forwards on the roster and in the system. If you trade Frost its for one of 2 reasons.
1) You are acquiring the D-man that the Flyers are lacking.
2) You are star hunting because you short in playoff goals and go after a 30+ goal scorer short.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam da bomb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad