Recalled/Assigned: Morgan Barron

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

I’m guessing this is triggered by Goodrow? I guess he’ll miss a few games. I assume they also feel Barron is ready and this is good timing to get him in the lineup and regular minutes. I assume he’ll center the fourth line.

I have no problem with a prospect like Barron developing on our fourth line. Our fourth line is awesome. Not to mention Barron is probably a bottom sixer anyhow - at least for now.

fingers crossed Goodrow is back soon either way and hopefully Goodrow carves out a role going forward. Might be time Reaves starts getting occasional nights off too. We want to keep him fresh I think. He has looked a bit banged up lately too.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Looking forward to Barron getting some time with the big boys. Well deserved imo.
Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he looks solid coming in.
I doubt they recall Barron as an extra fwd, or to sit.
I’m hoping he adjusts quickly

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Nah. That call was ridiculous- if anything the league owes him some time :)
But I suppose anything is possible with the clown Parros.

I think Gallant and Parros are super close, doubt we will have any problems with suspensions in the future. :)

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think Gallant and Parros are super close, doubt we will have any problems with suspensions in the future. :)
That’s exactly why Parros is a clown though. It’s a movable feast.
(I totally get that it’s the NHL and not Parros operating independently, Parros is just the proxy).

Reactions: Ola

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
...I doubt they recall Barron as an extra fwd, or to sit...

but that's probably precisely why, they need a spare guy while McKegg off-limits,
you prefer they recall Greco or Rueschhoff?
unless Goodrow needs a day or 2 to heal, who do you sit?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
but that's probably precisely why, they need a spare guy while McKegg off-limits,
you prefer they recall Greco or Rueschhoff?
unless Goodrow needs a day or 2 to heal, who do you sit?

Gettinger if they just need a body

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The last report I saw from a few days ago had Hartford with double-digit players in the protocol. Who knows who is even available from Hartford.
I would assume then that while Barron has been recalled the team will be very careful to limit his exposure to others unless they are absolutely sure he is clean.

Reactions: leetch99 and nyr2k2

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
With all the cap space the team has this year, I wonder if this is more of a "You're doing well down there, kid, so we're going to give you a weekend of NHL salary" kind of thing. Little moves like that are great for player morale.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Could have sworn when he played before the break there were many posters saying he doesn't belong in the NHL. He looks fine to me.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Kid needs to play

I thought he was excellent. Defensively, physically. Playing the system to a T. Threw a well timed hit after Jones got clocked. He needs to be in the lineup.

Last edited:

Lgrsean

Jan 23, 2022
There's no way there are 12 forwards who should be playing over Barron. With Kakko out, there might not be 6 forwards who should be playing over him. But McKegg, Hunt, Gauthier, Reaves, Rooney, Chytil can all have a seat over Barron until he shows he isn't as good as they are.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
This has been a long time coming. I’ve been a huge proponent of Barron and that he should have taken over the 3C duties months ago.
He’s wasted on the taxi squad.
He has to be in the line up and be an everyday player..... full stop

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
If Gallant decides to play Gregg f***ing Mckegg over this guy again serious questions will need to be raised about his talent evaluation.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I've always liked Barron a lot. He's a very stiff player, we don't have many (probably any) like him. He needs to play every game imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad