More points, Vanek or Ovechkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Imo, both will be around 45 pts. and as was said before Vanek will have damn good support so Vanek can win this battle ... but bring Briere-like center to Ovechkin :shakehead

ManuelCalavera

La-La-La-Locked Out
Apr 7, 2003
Rochester, NY
Visit site
From a Buffalo fan:

Vanek will be given every opportunity. He should start with Briere and Dumont as his linemates on the 1st line, with 1st group PP time.

Vanek should get a good number of points b/c of this...

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
I think Vanek will get around 50-60 points while Ovechkin might have trouble reaching 40-45,the capitals just look really bad in my opinion.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Kaizer said:
Imo, both will be around 45 pts. and as was said before Vanek will have damn good support so Vanek can win this battle ... but bring Briere-like center to Ovechkin :shakehead
That's a pretty low estimate imo.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
AO will be out there . . . . a lot . . . and despite the double teams given every chance to put in as many goals that Washington can give him. What else does Washington have this year? Not much. So keeping AO's goals as high as possible could give them something to market. Hell, Mario scored in bunches for us for years and challenged for scoring titles and we still finished out of the playoffs year after year until we got a team around him. I have no doubt that AO will put up fine numbers this year.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
what the hell is up with all these vanek threads... vanek this... vanek that... blah blah blah blah blah

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Garbs said:
Keeping in mind that Vanek will most likely have the better linemates.

Ovechkin drew 4 penalties last night, created 3-5 scoring chances teammates failed to convert on, and must have taken somewhere around 10 shots on Fleury. He was pointless- a lot like the Caps 05/06 season will be. ;)

If these trends continue- Vanek.

However, Ovechkin is clearly the most talented player on the Caps' roster and should be playing A LOT. Nothin' would surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad