• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
players determine the result of games, not the logo. it doesn't matter what they've done in their history
Well the same players who cant step it up in the playoffs year after year makes the odds of them winning much less. There are clearly some newer faces there that are significant that can change that like Laine so I guess we will wait to see if their history drags him down in the playoffs too or not

Guys like Matthews Marner Nylander and Reilly win at every level even tho there all young and dont have the NHL playoff experience (until last year obvi) I predict they will continue in this league to step up their play to the next level come playoff time

Reactions: naruto

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Probably the Jets, especially if they can win their division. They should easily get out of the 1st round. Whereas if we somehow made it to the finals, our hardest two series would almost definitely be our first two.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
The Jets are basically the same team that didn't make the playoffs last year, the only difference is Hellebuyck is having a better year this year. last year SV% 907, this year SV %923. Same defence he is the difference maker this year.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The Jets are basically the same team that didn't make the playoffs last year, the only difference is Hellebuyck is having a better year this year. last year SV% 907, this year SV %923. Same defence he is the difference maker this year.

They had more injuries last year too.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Going with the Jets since think they are perfectly capable of winning the first round. The Leafs are most likely going to have to play against one of the Bruins or Lightning. If they can get through them, the sky's the limit for them. However, if I am a betting man I go with Winnipeg winning their first round and receiving more wins than the Leafs.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
Going with the Jets since think they are perfectly capable of winning the first round. The Leafs are most likely going to have to play against one of the Bruins or Lightning. If they can get through them, the sky's the limit for them. However, if I am a betting man I go with Winnipeg winning their first round and receiving more wins than the Leafs.

[mod] So if I were a betting man (which I am) and they meet, I am taking the Stars in 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

moose3322

Apr 3, 2007
Excuses Excuses, every team has them.

I believe they were 2nd in the league in man games lost, and lots of them were high profile players and good top 4 defensemen. I believe Tampa was 1st in man games lost, and also missed the playoffs.

Excuses, or a valid reasoning?

Also- Connor, Roslovic, Kulikov, Trouba under contract for a full year- all new this year and playing great, giving far greater depth this year.

Also- natural development of a ton of younger players who were bound to get better- (Scheifele, Laine, Ehlers, Lowry morrissey, Trouba, Hellebuyck)

But sure, let’s agree with you and say that this is just the “same team” as last year, and they just got lucky this year with Hellebuyck magically playing better, and that’s literally the only difference from them missing the playoffs...:facepalm:

Last edited:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
[mod] so if I were a betting man (which I am) and they meet, I am taking the Stars in 5.

I'd still be scared to play the Lightning or the Bruins. They do not have too many holes. That's no knock on the Leafs, they are a solid team too. I just think they are going to have the tougher time getting out of the first round. They got the bad luck on that one. Their hope is to continue winning to get that #1 seed so that the Bruins and Lightning have to play each other.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Voted Jets. Probably a little better than Toronto on paper but much easier division. They will run through teams in the POs.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
I'd still be scared to play the Lightning or the Bruins. They do not have too many holes. That's no knock on the Leafs, they are a solid team too. I just think they are going to have the tougher time getting out of the first round. They got the bad luck on that one. Their hope is to continue winning to get that #1 seed so that the Bruins and Lightning have to play each other.

Gotta love the underdog!

moose3322

Apr 3, 2007
[mod] So if I were a betting man (which I am) and they meet, I am taking the Stars in 5.

And yet, even with Scheifele out for an extended period recently, the Stars are still just as close points-wise to missing the playoffs as they are to catching up to the Jets- so I’d pump the brakes a little on pushing the narrative that the Stars are far superior and would hammer the Jets. Nothing supports this but your apparent dislike of the Jets.

Reactions: Festinator

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Jets.

Leafs will have to play either TB or Bos.
Jets will most likely play STL or Dal assuming they are 2nd or 3rd. If the Jets win the division then it gets even easier for them.

For all of you Leafs have it easy because they play in the Atlantic fans while that is true to make the playoff but the fact is the Leafs will have the toughest road to the SCF. Probably have to beat Bos, TB, Was/Pit to get to the final. That is just brutal a road to the cup.

Last edited:

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Can we stop jumping to this silly “Jets are winless in the playoffs so therefore they are worse” conclusion.

The Jets are young and Maurice has been here for only 4 years(trying to re-vamp and build up a team), now even if we discard the fact that Leafs are profoundly bad when it comes to being a good team in the past couple seasons and just say “Leafs won more than one game in the PO’s” when the Jets are newer and younger. 2 Wins in the Playoffs doesn’t make a team not better than the other.

To my next irritation, why are people saying the Jets have easier competition(for many of the people taking the Jets) ? Is that really the only reason the Jets have a better chance at going further(regardless of Nashville being a great team this season and a Cup finalist), you pick the better team(who has more points).... Scheifele and Wheeler are both currently better than Matthews(Toronto’s best player) and the rest of the Jets lineup is drastically better from there on out...

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Can we stop jumping to this silly “Jets are winless in the playoffs so therefore they are worse” conclusion.

The Jets are young and Maurice has been here for only 4 years(trying to re-vamp and build up a team), now even if we discard the fact that Leafs are profoundly bad when it comes to being a good team in the past couple seasons and just say “Leafs won more than one game in the PO’s” when the Jets are newer and younger. 2 Wins in the Playoffs doesn’t make a team not better than the other.

To my next irritation, why are people saying the Jets have easier competition(for many of the people taking the Jets) ? Is that really the only reason the Jets have a better chance at going further(regardless of Nashville being a great team this season and a Cup finalist), you pick the better team(who has more points).... Scheifele and Wheeler are both currently better than Matthews(Toronto’s best player) and the rest of the Jets lineup is drastically better from there on out...

Jet fan here to remind you that
TB/Bos >> STL/Dal
Jets are good and may be better then the leafs but I'd much rather my team play STL/Das in the first round then TB/Bos.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Unlike the Leafs with all their playoff-glory in the last 50 years. Voted Jets, I think they can go all the way.

and the jets have exactly how many franchise playoff wins?
not rounds, games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad