GDT: Montreal @ Winnipeg • 1896 Stanley Cup rematch • Mar 5, 6pm CT • MTS Center • HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
QueenVictoria2_zpsojco3vd7.jpg

Conflicted Habs fan

Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
1atop_zpsjih3zwpo.jpg
1btop_zpsbbutrtgi.jpg

1abottom_zps7qanubjl.jpg
1bbottom_zpsrdvn7njf.jpg

2atop_zpsaf8ihbrn.jpg
2btop_zps62xypszk.jpg

2abottom_zpsauivgote.jpg
2bbottom_zpswhdpgqsa.jpg

3atop_zpsc3pbznis.jpg
3btop_zpsuchyfy2u.jpg
3abottom_zpsxj2i64zp.jpg
3bbottom_zps2e7nuilb.jpg

4atop_zpsjg0mv1xw.jpg
4btop_zpskfp3b1f8.jpg

4abottom_zps58z0ls0u.jpg
4bbottom_zpshhkxcoyp.jpg

5atop_zpsm7oejrjs.jpg
5btop_zpslwceelrq.jpg

5abottom_zpskptf6ecv.jpg
5bbottom_zps00jalxmi.jpg

6atop_zpsnh0ahzte.jpg
6btop_zpsfyunwbs9.jpg

6abottom_zpsrm3a25dd.jpg
6bbottom_zpstdscqob5.jpg

Winnipeg 2 Montreal 0, Feb 15, 1896

Previous Game Nov 1, 2015 at Centre Bell, Montréal

Habs 5 Jets 1

GO JETS GO!

Last edited:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Great GDT! I hate losing to the Canadiens - let's repeat what we did in 1896! :laugh::yo:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Awesome GDT, Conflicted!

Go Jerts. Entertain me, please.

Also, as always: tank talk goes in the Tank Thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2035903

We allow tank talk in EVERY thread except the GDT, where people should feel free to cheer for the Jets. We've posted the same warning for the last 20 GDTs, so from here on in, tank talk in the GDT will earn you an infraction.

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
I've liked the Perreault-Burmistrov-Stafford line over the last few games. Moving MP up to the top line makes sense but I'd like to see PBS stay together. My preference would be something like:

Armia-Scheifele-Wheeler
PBS
Halischuk-Lowry-Dano
Thorburn-Copp-Lipon

If Trouba is able to play, hopefully Morrissey waits for his first game. The 3rd pairing has struggled a lot this year with some combination of Chiarot/Pardy/Postma/Stuart but Chiarot-Postma had a really solid performance against the Isles. It would be good to see them get another game together.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
@JJ: I like your proposed line-up. Armia gets a chance with two top offensive players, PBS has looked pretty decent the last couple of games, Hali and Dano bring some jump to the third line, and Lipon should be his typical buzz saw on the 4th.

When you're served lemons, make lemonaid. I hope Ehlers eye injury turns out OK, and he's able to get some more games in this season.

Go Jerts!

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I've liked the Perreault-Burmistrov-Stafford line over the last few games. Moving MP up to the top line makes sense but I'd like to see PBS stay together. My preference would be something like:

Armia-Scheifele-Wheeler
PBS
Halischuk-Lowry-Dano
Thorburn-Copp-Lipon

I completely agree with this lineup - Armia has looked good enough to try the first line, PBS have been good, Halischuk could maybe liven up Lowry and Dano. We'll see what Maurice goes with.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Armia-Scheifele-Wheeler
PBS
Halischuk-Lowry-Dano
Thorburn-Copp-Lipon

If Trouba is able to play, hopefully Morrissey waits for his first game. The 3rd pairing has struggled a lot this year with some combination of Chiarot/Pardy/Postma/Stuart but Chiarot-Postma had a really solid performance against the Isles. It would be good to see them get another game together.

Dano on the right side plz.

Armia definitely deserves more ice time, and I would love to see what he does with better linemates.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Lipon was recalled on an emergency basis but Morrissey was not so we're down to three callups remaining.

Sad not to have Ehlers to watch tonight. That Schwheehlers line was worth the price of admission.

I hope Josh is in the lineup just for curiosity sake.

Way back when just before these two teams played in November, Damien Cox proclaimed them the two best teams in Canada. Well I guess he wasn't too far off but that's not a very high bar these days ;)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
What signifigance does 9 games have?

As I'm sure you know and you're insinuating, none.

Given that he wasn't an emergency callup, I'd expect him to get in some games - they obviously want to have a look. Or am I reading too much into it, and they simply want to have 7 defensmen hanging around? I hope it's the former.

Edit: I'm probably overthinking it, and it's just in case Trouba can't go. I haven't minded Chiarot and Postma together, actually - Chiarot's finally on his correct side - no more lost-controller moments along the boards trying to move the puck forward on his off-side. That said, it'd be interesting to see how Morrissey has progressed if he does draw in.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Given that he wasn't an emergency callup, I'd expect him to get in some games - they obviously want to have a look. Or am I reading too much into it, and they simply want to have 7 defensmen hanging around? I hope it's the former.

I think he plays too but unless Trouba can't go, I'm sure Maurice would prefer to get him in a practice first before dressing him. On the other hand the games are fairly meaningless now so maybe there's more value in just throwing him in the lineup. I'd guess he's up now for the rest of the season. 6 D is a very precarious number to carry.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
Performed my Jets, civic, rock and roll duty- got tickets for a pal and his son travelling in from Mtl. to finally catch a Jets game live.

Should be a great game- GO JETS GO

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Edit: I'm probably overthinking it, and it's just in case Trouba can't go. I haven't minded Chiarot and Postma together, actually - Chiarot's finally on his correct side - no more lost-controller moments along the boards trying to move the puck forward on his off-side. That said, it'd be interesting to see how Morrissey has progressed if he does draw in.

I'd love to see Morrissey get a shot. Isn't taking a look at players and giving them opportunities what it is all about now?

Conflicted Habs fan

Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
These Jets/Habs games seem to be blow out affairs one way or the other. With Montreal's bad goaltending record the Jets have a slight advantage.
Thanks for the comments on the GDT! The lineup is guesswork but I'll update as soon as Aavco cup posts the warm up skaters.
I'm a little conflicted about this game as I side with both teams. Hate to see one lose.
This being a Winnipeg GDT so ...Go :jets Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad