Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
My my, hey hey

Pucks to da net is here to stay...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Bergevin is using a bucket to remove water from a sinking ship. His demise and that of the Habs is almost upon us

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
They generate a lot of shots, but there has to be more quality. We could very easily have won a couple more but we have too many perimeter guys. Gally is one of the only ones who goes to the net, but he lacks the hands. Pacioretty is a big time perimeter player.
Tightening up the D and Price not playing like he's on pills would help too.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
They generate a lot of shots, but there has to be more quality. We could very easily have won a couple more but we have too many perimeter guys. Gally is one of the only ones who goes to the net, but he lacks the hands. Pacioretty is a big time perimeter player.
Tightening up the D and Price not playing like he's on pills would help too.

There's a ton of quality too and Montreal has been snake-bitten to a degree. The biggest issue is creating movement on offense. They're too static and have trouble creating chances in the inner slot. Better puck movement from the D core and more talent at C would go a long way to helping the team create more movement, especially off the rush, I just don't think they have the horses to meaningfully improve there.

Reactions: OnceWasNot

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm 100% thrilled with Svechnikov as well.

Would be nice but that's one massive roller coaster ride down and then up again. A lot has to not go our way and then we have to get extremely lucky. I just can't see us with a top 5 lottery pick. Top 10-15 is more probable if we miss the playoffs. Would be nice but the probability is rare with our team core and a healthy Price for an entire season. We are stuck in the middle and our GM is going to make a move at some point so I just can't see us getting that top 5 lottery pick.

2018 draft is deep though! Mooseheads have 3 guys that likely go in the 1st round. Zadinia, McIsaac, Groulx. Looking forward to watching them in their draft year

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Would be nice but that's one massive roller coaster ride down and then up again. A lot has to not go our way and then we have to get extremely lucky. I just can't see us with a top 5 lottery pick. Top 10-15 is more probable if we miss the playoffs. Would be nice but the probability is rare with our team core and a healthy Price for an entire season. We are stuck in the middle and our GM is going to make a move at some point so I just can't see us getting that top 5 lottery pick.

2018 draft is deep though! Mooseheads have 3 guys that likely go in the 1st round. Zadinia, McIsaac, Groulx. Looking forward to watching them in their draft year
Best news about missing the playoffs is Bergevin fired.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Best news about missing the playoffs is Bergevin fired.

If we miss the playoffs and we have a healthy year with no long term key injuries, I say he should/will get fired. I really don't care if he stays or goes to be honest because I am one of the few who believe he is trying to make this team better but refuses to mortgage the future. I respect this.

I just hope that if we do miss the playoffs, we are eliminated early for contention (Instead of finishing in the 12th - 17th range). We give Price and Weber some time off so we lose more games, and we sell sell sell as much as we can. Following players are players I would shop for younger players and picks.

- Pleky
- Galchenyuk
- Gallagher
- Patch
- Benn
- Shaw (retain if we have to)
- Davidson
- Hemsky

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Wow nice GDT. Habs last won in San Jose in November 23, 1999? Really? And this is supposed to be an "optimistic presentation"?

Edit: oh I just noticed your handle, I get it.
Well Toronto broke a 0-14 against us on Saturday, maybe this is the year Montreal breaks the curse of San Jose!

Reactions: Fergy22

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
I thought I was hyped for this season, and then I got really mad at the team for their performance. But now, I really kind of want them to tank this season and get Dahlin at the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad