Proposal: Montreal - Ottawa

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
This also helps mtl to free up cap space to acquire a better #6-7 D than Mete/Ouellet or upgrade on Chiarot.

i'm not certain that i'd say yes, losing Armia is rough, that should mean it's a good deal for both teams.

dzingel-KK-Toffoli
Lehkonen-Staal-Perry
Evans

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Ottawa says no.

Why would Ottawa want Byron and his contract for the next 2 seasons. We have a lot of players to sign and we don't need more bottom six.

If you want to get rid of Byron it will cost you picks and/or propects.

2nd rounder would fall under a pretty good pick, no?

Armia would return at least a 3rd, too.

It's a very good deal for Ottawa. We get the two best players and the best asset. Byrons salary is not ideal, but likely not much worse than what we'd end up paying for a similar player in FA.

Reactions: TheNewEra

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
2nd rounder would fall under a pretty good pick, no?

Armia would return at least a 3rd, too.

It's a very good deal for Ottawa. We get the two best players and the best asset. Byrons salary is not ideal, but likely not much worse than what we'd end up paying for a similar player in FA.
Again we don't need Byron. You understand we have to sign Tkachuk, Batherson, Zub, a top 4 dman, maybe Dzingel if he stays this offseason. Plus the following year we have Paul, Norris, Formenton etc. We can't waste cap space on Byron. Our owner is not made of money.

Only thing I would do in this offer is trade Dzingel for a 2nd.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Again we don't need Byron. You understand we have to sign Tkachuk, Batherson, Zub, a top 4 dman, maybe Dzingel if he stays this offseason. Plus the following year we have Paul, Norris, Formenton etc. We can't waste cap space on Byron. Our owner is not made of money.

Like if Dzingel and his cap was worth a 2nd rd pick... he's not, never will be either.

Getting a 2nd + Armia (another 2nd) would be a pretty good haul for Ottawa. Byron would be tone before Ottawa would be anywhere near the cap floor.

Reactions: Benstheman

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Like if Dzingel and his cap was worth a 2nd rd pick... he's not, never will be either.

Getting a 2nd + Armia (another 2nd) would be a pretty good haul for Ottawa. Byron would be tone before Ottawa would be anywhere near the cap floor.
What don't you understand about we don't need more bottom 6 players. He simply doesn't fit.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
What don't you understand about we don't need more bottom 6 players. He simply doesn't fit.

Oh don't worrt we get that. Thing is there's not a single team who'll trade you a top6F for Dzingel, nor a good pick. Gotta grab a contract when one's coming out, especially a bad one like Dzingle

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Oh don't worrt we get that. Thing is there's not a single team who'll trade you a top6F for Dzingel, nor a good pick. Gotta grab a contract when one's coming out, especially a bad one like Dzingle
He's easily worth a 3rd rounder not sure what you are on about? He also fits great in Ottawa and I wouldn't be surprised if he signed in the offseason.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
He's easily worth a 3rd rounder not sure what you are on about? He also fits great in Ottawa and I wouldn't be surprised if he signed in the offseason.

Armia is a better player than Dzingle, and he's worth a 2nd or 3rs. Dzingle is worth a 4th or 5th at most.

Habs aren't going to pay more than a 2nd rd pick to get "rid" of Byron when we can kist offer said 2nd pick to SEA so they pick him. It's not like Byron was overpaid by THAT much. At 2.5M the guy would be about contract value. If Ottawa isn't in to get more picks for their rebuild it's totally fine, SEA will like that 2nd rd pick!

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Armia is a better player than Dzingle, and he's worth a 2nd or 3rs. Dzingle is worth a 4th or 5th at most.

Habs aren't going to pay more than a 2nd rd pick to get "rid" of Byron when we can kist offer said 2nd pick to SEA so they pick him. It's not like Byron was overpaid by THAT much. At 2.5M the guy would be about contract value. If Ottawa isn't in to get more picks for their rebuild it's totally fine, SEA will like that 2nd rd pick!
Good that's great. Then trade Armia for a 2nd then let's see if you get that. Enjoy. We don't want him. Keep your scraps away from Ottawa.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Dzingel is not returning close to a 2nd. He may not return anything if we don’t retain on him. Tkachuk, Batherson and Zub will not cost a lot of money... at most, they will bring us up to 60m in salary for next year and 50 for the following year. Paul, Norris and Formenton will mayyyybe bring it up to 60m.

Byron is a fine 4th line option. He’s a better player than Dzingel and, at worst, will fill the Anisimov/Boedker role in the final year of his contract.

actuallynotPJStock

Feb 28, 2014
Haha sure man. Yet we lead the season series so far against you guys. What does that say about the Habs? Enjoy Price until he's 50.
Everyone was playing nice until you brought up our record and decided to go below the belt. Now I’m forced to tell you to look at the standings, that’s a pretty good indicator of what it says about the Habs. Let’s all play along now..

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Haha sure man. Yet we lead the season series so far against you guys. What does that say about the Habs? Enjoy Price until he's 50.

At least we have a goalie worth something!

And he'll LTIR on 3 years so we're good.

Enjoy sucking until Tkatchuk reaches UFA and leaves the shitshow your team os

Reactions: HabsAddict

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Everyone was playing nice until you brought up our record and decided to go below the belt. Now I’m forced to tell you to look at the standings, that’s a pretty good indicator of what it says about the Habs. Let’s all play along now..
"Playing nice" by calling all Sens players scraps when we are in a rebuild and have one of the best prospects pools. I didn't mention jack about the Habs record until after. You need to reassess who hit below the belt.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
At least we have a goalie worth something!

And he'll LTIR on 3 years so we're good.

Enjoy sucking until Tkatchuk reaches UFA and leaves the shitshow your team os
I'm not going to get into it with a Scabs fan on here. Enjoy your weekend bud.

actuallynotPJStock

Feb 28, 2014
"Playing nice" by calling all Sens players scraps when we are in a rebuild and have one of the best prospects pools. I didn't mention jack about the Habs record until after. You need to reassess who hit below the belt.
Apparently my reading comprehension isn’t what it used to be, in my haste I failed to see the comment associating your players as scraps. Everyone can see that you guys have a talented prospect pool, and have a bright future ahead. So apologies on that.
In an effort to salvage this thread, what would you tweak on the proposal that would work for you? I thought it was pretty solid for both sides myself.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
And the reason we need a 29 year old 3.4 million 20 goal winger is?

We have Tatar, Toffoli and Drouin ahead of him....so he's on our 4th line.....for 3.4 million.

Pass.
The idea is clearly to get rid of Byrons' cap hit for the next two years, not to acquire Dzingel.
If we intend to trade for a first-pairing LD and fill the roster for next year, we likely need to shed salary. Unless of course we want to give rookies roles they might not be equipped to perform.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Ya should looked good last night. :popcorn:

Sens 37GP....28 PTS
Habs 33GP...41 PTS.
What were you mumbling about? :laugh: :laugh:

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Apparently my reading comprehension isn’t what it used to be, in my haste I failed to see the comment associating your players as scraps. Everyone can see that you guys have a talented prospect pool, and have a bright future ahead. So apologies on that.
In an effort to salvage this thread, what would you tweak on the proposal that would work for you? I thought it was pretty solid for both sides myself.
Theoretically, it's probably fair. Realistically, Ottawa isn't going to pay Byron $4 million next year unless value coming with him was incredible, not just fair.

Reactions: actuallynotPJStock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad