OT: Montreal Impact Thread XXVI and World Cup Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Respect to the 37 fans in attendance.

Thanks, I guess. :(

I don't know if I'll get tickets for the CONCACAF games, we can't even tie a game in a MLS game with the best players on the field (well kinda). How can we hope to compete in those Champions' games?

I'm not even pissed with this team anymore, I'm just.. sad. :(

.. that ref, though.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
It started with De Santis, demission, then at the end, De Santis, décalisse. Hahahaha

God this team pisses me off.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Thanks, I guess. :(

I don't know if I'll get tickets for the CONCACAF games, we can't even tie a game in a MLS game with the best players on the field (well kinda). How can we hope to compete in those Champions' games?

I'm getting CCL tickets for Henry. Gotta get that jersey signed

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
As for Occean, I understand the thought process of saying we already have Jack Mac and Di Vaio so its hard to fit him in there, but the truth is, next season, MDV will be back home in Italy and JM99 could very well be gone for Europe, leaving us with Santiago Gonzalezz

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
As for Occean, I understand the thought process of saying we already have Jack Mac and Di Vaio so its hard to fit him in there, but the truth is, next season, MDV will be back home in Italy and JM99 could very well be gone for Europe, leaving us with Santiago Gonzalezz
There's thousands of DP's available all the time, that's not something that scares me. My problem is I want a ******* quality center attacking midfielder!!!!! There's no leader on the field right now and it shows bad. I just can't stand Felipe anymore, it's nuts. Just the way he runs with the ball gives me chills.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
^ Yep. It annoys me that Bernier has to win the ball back, organize the midfield, create plays, bring the ball forward while the midget besides him cannot do a single thing. He can't even protect the damn ball. Felipe is ****ing useless and I won't mind if he's sent to Brazil.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Felipe is a quality bench player. It's the fact that he's been given full out immunity that's the problem! I like though that yesterday he played a deep lying playmaker spot instead of center attacking mid. He's not a good traffic player and he's not even close to be physically made for the job either.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
If Saputo really cares about having a good team and results, he'll fire NDS even if they're best friends. Business is business, you have to make some tough calls sometimes.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Forgive me-but why was former manager fired he led team to play-offs I mean maybe he was a jerk at times but he seemed to be a winner.What Montreal have now is empty seats and loosing games and soon owner is going to cry about losing money and asking govt to save club.Am I in left field or are my comments valid in some way-thanks

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
If Saputo really cares about having a good team and results, he'll fire NDS even if they're best friends. Business is business, you have to make some tough calls sometimes.

They're not just best friends, they're family.

De Santis, démission!

MontrealCanadiens*

Forgive me-but why was former manager fired he led team to play-offs I mean maybe he was a jerk at times but he seemed to be a winner.

It seems like they did well enough getting into the playoffs in year 2, but they just squeaked in after being humiliated for the entire second half of the season. The destruction against Houston in the knockout game when they lost 5-0 showed us who this team really was.

Everything is amateur right now. Bad ownership, management, coaching staff, scouting, and players. This is the crud you get in the NASL.

The worst run franchise in the league after Chivas. The attendance next year should reflect that. Everything Saputo does is designed on a cheap budget mentality. He was being cheap with expansion costs, stadium design and location, management, roster, and DP's.

MLS is moving in the right direction and the Impact are being left behind. They need to wake up or we'll have another Expos situation on our hands in the very near future. Spend real money and hire good people or GTFO.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
It seems like they did well enough getting into the playoffs in year 2, but they just squeaked in after being humiliated for the entire second half of the season. The destruction against Houston in the knockout game when they lost 5-0 showed us who this team really was.

Everything is amateur right now. Bad ownership, management, coaching staff, scouting, and players. This is the crud you get in the NASL.

The worst run franchise in the league after Chivas. The attendance next year should reflect that. Everything Saputo does is designed on a cheap budget mentality. He was being cheap with expansion costs, stadium design and location, management, roster, and DP's.

MLS is moving in the right direction and the Impact are being left behind. They need to wake up or we'll have another Expos situation on our hands in the very near future. Spend real money and hire good people or GTFO.

Don't forget the whole marketing team. It seems like IMFC marketing team is content with just promoting their team on Facebook and Twitter. For a city with a big soccer fanbase, no one really cares when they win or lose.

IMFC announced at the beginning of the year that they did a survey and 90% of people Montrealers did not know the players on the team. I bet 90% still don't know the players and that's a good thing that people don't know who Felipe and Klopas are!

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
I doubt I'm going to renew my season tickets, unless they make big changes. I'll probably get a half season package, or just buy tickets on gameday whenever I feel like going.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Those scalpers always have tickets "moins cher qu'à la billetterie" :laugh:

I don't know if I'll renew too... I'm pretty sure they could play way better than what we see. If JackMac stays, Piatti for a full season, Mapp, if Romero keeps playing like he does, Camara/Miller as FB, we mifht not be that bad next year. I liked Danso yesterday and I'm hoping that we can get an upgrade of Ferrari... Then, we might only need a CAM/CM and/or another DM.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic..

Still, I'd wish for Occean right now, if Mac or Di Vaio gets hurt, we're doomed. (Well can it be worse?)

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
MONTRÉAL - Si la direction de l'Impact avait mis sur papier ce qu'elle lui a fait miroiter verbalement, Olivier Occéan aurait fort probablement signé et il se serait présenté à Montréal. Mais il n'y a jamais eu de suivi et les négociations sont maintenant rompues, du moins en ce qui concerne le club montréalais.

« Si (Nick) De Santis a dit que c'est fini, c'est que c'est fini. C'est leur décision », a commenté Occéan, lundi, lors d'un entretien téléphonique avec La Presse Canadienne.

Le Brossardois de 32 ans, qui évolue en deuxième division allemande depuis quelques années, était notamment prêt à accepter les termes financiers qui avaient été avancés par la direction de l'Impact. Et ce, même si le club a très peu de marge de manoeuvre à l'heure actuelle par rapport au plafond salarial.

« Il y a eu des chiffres qui ont été évoqués, mais pas d'offre écrite, a indiqué Occéan. Je croyais qu'on était d'accord. C'est juste qu'à la dernière minute, ils ont fait volte-face.

It's not happening.. How the **** can you say no to Occean when the team is losing games and fans at Saputo Stadium???

#DeSantisDécalisse

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I guess we have the next thread titles

#DeSantisDecalisse
#DeSantisDemission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad