Montreal Impact Thread LIII - Shipp'ing up to Montreal! - 6/03|530PM: @VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Was just gonna post this, they really have to fix this. Big win on the road to start the season though, so for now, we'll forgive them.:nod:

I don't think every team has a Waston. Our backline is pretty strong in the air with Ciman and Cabrera, and Camara who will play every odd game. It's up front that we lack aerial skills if Didier and AJH aren't on. Hopefully Salazar takes care of that eventually.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Piatti was amazing. He certainly has a connection with Shipp already. The 2 are fun to watch.

I dont know about a connection but both are threatening players so that spaces out the defence already, + both switch their positions too

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
We can consider ourselves lucky that Vancouver had Riveiro has their striker.
Great 3 points! we need away points :handclap:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
How was Alexander better than Donadel? At least Donadel was getting in peoples faces, while Alexander was making suicide passes. I thought he was sub-par as usual.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
How was Alexander better than Donadel? At least Donadel was getting in peoples faces, while Alexander was making suicide passes. I thought he was sub-par as usual.

Donadel gave up a ton of balls right in the middle of the pitch. Alexander back tracked really well and got many balls back. Nothing spectacular, but he was effective.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Lolz. The first win on the road happens 3 months sooner than last year. It was also the first win on the road in Canada.

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
What's interesting is we beat a very good team off the bat. Hungry for more, can't wait to see how the season unfolds.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Donadel gave up a ton of balls right in the middle of the pitch. Alexander back tracked really well and got many balls back. Nothing spectacular, but he was effective.

This. Alexander won so many balls in the midfield and was particularly effective in the last 10min of the game. It seems to me that this team is all about offence though

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Piatti was in a zone tonight! I think having other competent offensive midfielders will free a lot space for him this year. Add in Drogba and I am confidant we will be the team with the most goals scored this year in the league.

After all, we have to go for it this year while Drogba is with us.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Very good start to the season, very good win. We played a good road game, disagree with those saying we got lucky. The Caps certainly weren't the best team. I'm a little worried about our set pieces, I hope we work on that aspect.

I'm a little surprised why Piatty was the one playing behind the striker while Shipp was on the left. Can't complain since Piatti was a beast and scored 2 goals, but in the 2nd half specially Shipp was struggling and couldn't connect his passes.

Very happy with Alexander's performance today though I didn't understand why Donadel got subbed that early. As soon as he got out, the flow of our game was lacking. I would've brought Mallace in at around the 80th minute not earlier.

Ciman was his usual boss, Cabrera was ok. Bush was a monster. Impressive start from Ontivero as well.

Don't many negatives really, as I said the set pieces, and maybe AJH, the guy puts himself in good position to score but he's really not up to the level with the ball at his feet.

Anyhow, overall very happy with the performance hopefully a sign of a great season coming.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Shipp and Piatti connected a lot. Except for that time wasting attempt at the 85 minutes near the corner spot haha

Btw, AJH is absolutely disastrous. Kid has no finish. Not sure he's an MLSer. Would try Salazar instead.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
so Salazar scored for FC Montreal.

what the hell is he doing playing with FC Montreal ?

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
so Salazar scored for FC Montreal.

what the hell is he doing playing with FC Montreal ?

In hockey terms, It's better to have someone in the AHL for a full season than being a fourth liner in the NHL team.

AJH deserves his chance. Salazar will have his. Just patience. Let him do well in FC Montreal, same with Fisher.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
feels good to have the impact back

excellent game, extremely entertaining and nerve wrecking at times

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Finally got around to watching the game. Monster performance by Nacho, which I hope is a sign of regular things to come this year . Having more playmakers in the midfield is really freeing his game up.It got a bit dicey in the second half, big props to Bush especially for his heroics in keeping the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad