Proposal: Montreal & Columbus.. Blockbuster?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Your trade negging attempts aren't going to change the situation.

Anyway, I don’t see how Laine is a fit for Montreal since we already have Anderson, Gallagher & Toffoli signed long term with Caufield likely making his debut tonight. I don’t understand the fixation on Laine from my fellow Montreal fan. It wouldn’t even be a fit for cap wise on the short & long term. Plus, we have more pressing needs to fill and I’m pretty sure Columbus will want to see more from Laine before giving up on him.

Reactions: Viqsi

Gavin Ray

Jul 10, 2016
Mars
Unpopular opinion but Nick Suzuki is good and will get better, likely a 60 point 1B center. Seth Jones is one of the most overrated players in the league. I don't like this trade for Montreal.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Sure, Suzuki+++.

Laine is better than any RW Montreal has though.

I am not a fan of either team so take it or leave it but to me Laine is insanely over rated . I was looking at his stats the other day and altho Puljujarvi points haven't come yet his advanced stats put Laine's to shame .

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I am not a fan of either team so take it or leave it but to me Laine is insanely over rated . I was looking at his stats the other day and altho Puljujarvi points haven't come yet his advanced stats put Laine's to shame .
Oh you mean the kid playing with two franchise cornerstone players on the offense?

Laine is the guy all the teams key in on and attempt to shutdown. Pulju is like in the bottom half on his team for opposing teams to focus on..

LokiCalder

Apr 20, 2021

I'll take production over advanced stats every single time. Easily. Not even up for debate.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Then why are you so eager to acquire him, if he's so terrible?

Seriously. When you're told that trade negging isn't going to help, doubling down on trade negging does not improve your argument.
Wasn't eager. Inquiring? But price too high. Big contract and reasonable chance Laine could bounce from team to team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad