Proposal: Montreal/Chicago

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Neutral fan just floating out an idea. Wondering what either fan-base thinks of the value either way should both of these teams stumble out of the gates this season...

:habs
RD Brent Seabrook ($6.875m, 2024)
C Artem Anisimov ($4.550m, 2021)

:hawks
RD Jeff Petry ($5.500m, 2021)
C/RW Andrew Shaw ($3.900m, 2022)

Essentially, the Hawks clear $2m in salary long-term and rid themselves of a regrettable contract that is severely hindering their ability to address other needs on their roster. They bring in a former Hawk in Shaw who didn't have the most memorable first year in Montreal and they bring in a sturdy RHD in Petry who is a few years younger than Seabrook to give them a bit more of a competitive window.

The Habs take a heavy contract in Seabrook but they get a three time Cup winner and a solid veteran who has a history of staying healthy. He may be a bit of a step down from Petry at this point but the Habs also get Anisimov, who addresses the giant hole they have at center (assuming Drouin is a stronger wing option), who can replace Plekanec as their shutdown center beyond 2018..

Thoughts?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
As a Habs fan I like this idea. Yes, Seabrook's contract is a massive albatross but if we get rid of Shaw in return taking on that contract could be considered. I like Anisimov a lot.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
daaaammm a tough choice of garbage preference... I prefer the hawks duo tho by far

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I'd rather have the Hawks Players, wonder who'd Play Center for the Hawks after they lost Krüger and would lose Anisimov and all for losing 2 millions and 2 years

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not a bad trade proposal IMO. Makes you think hard. I think the Habs would accept this trade but not so sure how this helps the Hawks other than saving them some cap space?

Who plays center for the Hawks after Toews if this trade happens?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Ohhh. Good proposal. Both of them have a nice piece and a poison pill.
Seabrook is the worst piece (cap-wise) but Anisimov is the best piece....I'd probably take the Chicago pair though.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Neutral fan just floating out an idea. Wondering what either fan-base thinks of the value either way should both of these teams stumble out of the gates this season...

:habs
RD Brent Seabrook ($6.875m, 2024)
C Artem Anisimov ($4.550m, 2021)
:hawks
RD Jeff Petry ($5.500m, 2021)
C/RW Andrew Shaw ($3.900m, 2022)

Essentially, the Hawks clear $2m in salary long-term and rid themselves of a regrettable contract that is severely hindering their ability to address other needs on their roster. They bring in a former Hawk in Shaw who didn't have the most memorable first year in Montreal and they bring in a sturdy RHD in Petry who is a few years younger than Seabrook to give them a bit more of a competitive window.

The Habs take a heavy contract in Seabrook but they get a three time Cup winner and a solid veteran who has a history of staying healthy. He may be a bit of a step down from Petry at this point but the Habs also get Anisimov, who addresses the giant hole they have at center (assuming Drouin is a stronger wing option), who can replace Plekanec as their shutdown center beyond 2018..

Thoughts?
Both teams say no

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I'd do it as a Habs fan.

Even though i love Petry's play.

The problem with this is i'm not even sure Shaw will play again. He may turned to be another Pronger or Savard.

it adresses no major need so why trade a valuable player, also petry has a full nmc and likes montreal a lot.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Not a bad trade proposal IMO. Makes you think hard. I think the Habs would accept this trade but not so sure how this helps the Hawks other than saving them some cap space?

Who plays center for the Hawks after Toews if this trade happens?

Schmaltz.

Apperntly he Kane and DeBrincat has been looking good.
Problem is more who will play in the 3:e and 4:e.....

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
not really his career high in points is 45, we have danault who will likely get 40+, why take on an albatross, atleast shaw looks like he will be IR'd if his concussions continue.

That career high was last year, and he had a PPG pace of 58p. Sure, he was playing with Kane and Panarin but then again, Kane also has had his career best years playing with Anisimov. I think he could be a great fit with Patches and Drouin. And he's on a solid contract.

And don't be too confident with Danault, he's only played one full season (which was successful indeed) but it looks like Julien won't be playing him on the first line, at least for the start of the year and he hasn't looked very good in the pre-season. Not a lock for 40+ points.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
No thanks, I'd rather keep Seabrook and we have absolutely no need for Shaw. Plus, taking Anisimov creates another hole in our lineup for this year.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
This would hurt the Habs in the long run. You can’t have that much money tied up on 3 players and to stay competitive (Price, Weber, Seabrook).

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Move Montreal's only good puck moving D and take back one of the NHL's worst contracts, who wouldn't be giddy to sign up for that?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
As much as i am sure Chicago would like to move Seabrook's contract, i think AA is just to valuable to them to make this deal.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Good proposal. To make things into perspective here's Canadiens linceul

Pacioretty Drouin Gallagher
Galchenyuk Anisimov Hemsky
Hudon Plekanec Lehkonen
Byron Danault McCarron
Mitchell

Schlemko Weber
Alzner Seabrook
Mete Benn
Jerabek

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
No way do I want Seabrook on my team, lol. Knowing Bergevin though, watch it happen...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00