Confirmed with Link: Montreal Acquires Mike Reilly from Minnesota for a 2019 5th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
This is the GM that traded 2 2nds for Shaw and a prime Subban for an aging Weber.

I pray he sticks to the bargain bin until he's fired the day after game 82. Otherwise we're just going to keep getting worse. Also, I can't stand the sight of his face anymore. The sooner I don't have to see it the better.
Subban was a political trade to satisfy his own delusional incompetencies. Was not a "hockey" trade. I still can't believe he said something like when you're offered Weber, you don't negotiate. Had he said he wanted Weber + their 1st round pick they would have agreed.
Shaw - you just know Bergevin was useless in Chicago but made ONE good call on Shaw and that was his claim to fame. I can feel that... which is why he sold out and traded for him here.
He's a buffoon.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’d take his stats with a grain of salt. He produced well in the AHL. The problem is he decided to go to Minnesota, a team that had zero need for defencemen, especially offensive ones. He was behind a great core. Now he literally has no one blocking him since only two of the Habs defenders can skate and pass.

Since Reilly was behind a great core, chances are he learned a thing or two spending time with them. Apparently this guy was a good offensive player in juniors but then again, a lot of players are and their skills don't necessarily transition well to the NHL. Since he's still young and the Habs have open spots, as you mentioned, this could be the break he needed.

Now, I hope Julien plays the hell out of this guy. We don't need to give too much ice time to Benn and Alzner.

Jul 6, 2016
Since Reilly was behind a great core, chances are he learned a thing or two spending time with them. Apparently this guy was a good offensive player in juniors but then again, a lot of players are and their skills don't transition well to the NHL. Since he's still young and the Habs have open spots, as you mentioned, this could be the break he needed.

Now, I hope Julien plays the hell out of this guy. We don't need to give too much ice time to Benn and Alzner.

I would give less ice time to Benn or Schlemko.... Alzner has to sweat for his huge salary. And Him and Juulsen looks like a good pairing.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't care for the 5th we gave up for him.

What I don't understand is that MB went to Minnesota twice with recruiters to watch this guy play, only days from the trade deadline. That seems like a lot of time that could have been better spent elsewhere or actually working the phones, and probably why at the end of the day, nothing happened in Mtl.

We'll never know why he was in Minny but chances are, he was not just looking at Reilly -- he just settled for Reilly when everything didn't materialize. Or as your average HFer will tell you, how it was predictable that nothing would materialize cause he's a dumbass. :sarcasm:

Jul 6, 2016
We'll never know why he was in Minny but chances are, he was not just looking at Reilly -- he just settled for Reilly when everything didn't materialize. Or as your average HFer will tell you, how it was predictable that nothing would materialize cause he's a dumbass. :sarcasm:

Maybe MB became hyper conscious after the bad trades and awful signings he has done over the last two seasons.

I did not want him to trade Patches now, for sure. But Benn, Schlemko, DLR, Froese and few mores could had been moved....

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Alzner is more expensive, you know .... ;)é... and for way longer....:mad:
I know.
My lineup this season would have been

Markov Weber
Emelin/Mete(though i didn't know he would be good) Petry
Lernout/Juulson Pateryn

I would have liked to have kept Nate, but that boat sailed before June30

Its not a great lineup but it is still much better than what we have on the ice ATM.

Jul 6, 2016
I know.
My lineup this season would have been

Markov Weber
Emelin/Mete(though i didn't know he would be good) Petry
Lernout/Juulson Pateryn

I would have liked to have kept Nate, but that boat sailed before June30

Its not a great lineup but it is still much better than what we have on the ice ATM.

Mine would had been

Markov-Weber
Emelin Petry
Sergachev Pateryn

Hopefully, Weber would had been healthy all year, too.

Of course, re-sign Radulov.

But Markov would had been playing his last season. Emelin possibly gone on the UFA market, and beleive me, Sergachev would not had been so succesful this year in Montreal than what he is doing in TB.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Seeing what McDonough , Kane and vanek got, I am sure happy patch was not given away. And boy do I feel we fleeced Toronto for pleks.
He also exchanged morrow and an UFA in jerebeck for a good young pleaser and a 4th.
I dislike mb but I actually think he had a very good deadline

I don't think those are fair comparables.

Kane and Vanek are on expiring contracts. Kane is has discipline issues and Vanek is 34 -- Pacioretty trumps them both and is 5 years younger than Vanek. While McDonagh is like Pacioretty in terms of not being a rental player, Pacioretty remains the better player in terms of his offensive production over the last 5 years while playing without a bona fide centerman.

Finally, how did we fleece the Leafs? It was a fair deal. The Leafs didn't want to cough up a first round pick and got a serviceable, defence-plus center for a late 2nd rounder and spare parts, players who were never going to pan out for them and Rychel was available on waivers at one point this year, and the Habs didn't claim him. We have to stop exaggerating these small deals, it's an OK deal for both sides.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
You could copy paste all posts from the past trades and signings of fringe NHL players threads. Always the same. Move is good in a nutshell but it brings the team nowhere and doesn't fill any of the Habs need.

Always. The. Same.

Paul Byron was a pretty good pick up of a fringe NHL player.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Mine would had been

Markov-Weber
Emelin Petry
Sergachev Pateryn

Hopefully, Weber would had been healthy all year, too.

Of course, re-sign Radulov.

But Markov would had been playing his last season. Emelin possibly gone on the UFA market, and beleive me, Sergachev would not had been so succesful this year in Montreal than what he is doing in TB.
Well same here, I didn't want the drouin trade, unless we had resigned everyone and added to it this summer. Win now is the only way the drouin trade works. Hence why MB still somehow thinks this team could somehow make the playoffs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well if things don't work out as GM he has a long career ahead of him as a dumpster diver.

Good Lord when MB calls the other GMs probably just put him through to an intern to handle these **** trades.

I got an immediate mental image of what it must be like for opposing team to constantly be bartering on peccadillo type offers from MB and how those who are handling his small time requests must be laughing their heads off.

If Bergevin is so busy making deals that are more likely to help the Rocket than the Habs, what the hell is Larry Carrière GM of?

Reactions: OneSharpMarble

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Paul Byron was a pretty good pick up of a fringe NHL player.

Not really, he brings as much awfullness as positives. His turnovers, his hockey IQ and his two way play are AHL at best. They keep bringing up his speed, but it normally amounts to nothing but a missed chance, a bad pass or a turnover. Its Bergy's claim to fame, how he found a guy on waivers that scored 20 goals one year.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Subban was a political trade to satisfy his own delusional incompetencies. Was not a "hockey" trade. I still can't believe he said something like when you're offered Weber, you don't negotiate. Had he said he wanted Weber + their 1st round pick they would have agreed.
Shaw - you just know Bergevin was useless in Chicago but made ONE good call on Shaw and that was his claim to fame. I can feel that... which is why he sold out and traded for him here.
He's a buffoon.

It was a locker room trade, his own teamates ran him out of town.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Was expecting Patch to be dealt in the summer, so not really surprised he didn't get traded.
Niemi and Hemsky had no value.
Schlemko and Benn have terms on their contract, so we can still trade them in the summer.

Hopefully, we get a new GM by then

Couldnt of said it any better, this is exactly how i feel as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad