Pre-Game Talk: Montreal (1-6-1) @ Florida (3-4-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yandle was also the best Florida could do. I'm sure they thought Campbell would re-sign, he was offered a generous contract. I think people were used to Campbell supporting Ekblad as a security blanket, unfortunately it doesn't look like Yandle is up to it. Ekblad needs to be better (he looks better than last year by far, but not the same as his 1st 2 seasons).

More than that actually. I feel like he was unquestionably the #1D across all situations which we are sorely lacking right now.

PK he was out there. PP he was out there. If we needed a goal he was the D-Man to go to. Holding a lead he was the guy out there.

And in terms of pacing or stabilizing the team, he could do that to.

I get that he left by choice, I was just hoping that Yandle would be better.

We need a #1D out there. He is MIA right now.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Unfortunately, there is nobody ready to step up. Matheson could be that guy but I don't see it yet, unfortunately.

I would like someone more defensive minded for each player ideally. Unfortunately, we're not in an ideal situation, because non of our defensemen are true top pairing Dmen at the moment.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I would like someone more defensive minded for each player ideally. Unfortunately, we're not in an ideal situation, because non of our defensemen are true top pairing Dmen at the moment.
Hjalmarsson or however you spell his name was available this offseason. He would have been a good fit.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
I don't think the Habs are a 90 point team at all, I think they're lucky to finish the year with 80 points.

While I will agree that both of our defenses have major holes in them, what we lack in defensive skills we make up in offense on our back-end, while Montreal while being atrocious defensively, are also total liabilities offensively.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
AKA one preseason game. He has 3 goals in 11 regular season games vs Florida

And has what, 6 points total. And lets not forget the 2 goal game last year also.

He plays well against Florida in Montreal, which he has only been a part of for 3 years including this one

Paul Byron lights us up as a Canadien. Is that better?

5 Points in 8 games. 3 goals.

Last edited:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Time for a mental toughness check again. So far they've failed it this season after a good game.

Montreal is a desperate team right now, better be ready.

Ekblad has looked a bit better, expecting Matheson to step up next.

Depch

Aug 27, 2006
Delete account
^ Yep, it's about mental preparation. Don't expect an easy game, but be ready to fight and work for the points. They are starving for some success and will fight for every inch on their home ice.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Ekblad and Matheson usually play well against the Habs. As do Barkov and Huberdeau.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
The difference in our season could be the Pens decision to Start Murray vs us Friday night rather than the sieve Niemi who gave up 7 against Tampa (a much better opponent worthy of starting your starter) now on waivers.

FML. f*** the Pens. If Rust, Sheery, Kuhnackle were on our team they would put up 10 goals and 10 assists in 82 games.

One of my few regrets as a hockey fan was getting into the Panthers post 1996. The feeling we would have had walking into Pittsburgh and stealing game 7 of the ECF must have been other worldly.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Even when he gets assists, I feel like it's not a nice pass or anything...when's the last time we said, wow what a play by Yandle?
The pass to Barkov for his goal was pretty sweet. Yandle is consistent for the most part but does come up with a major miscue fanning on a pass when pressured about once every 5 games. Lu and Reimer have bailed out Ek numerous times as players skated around him with no backup help from Yandle. I'm cautiously optimistic that the two will continue the conservative play from the other night will last for a few more games. In the long run I just don't see these two staying together. :)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Hi guys, Sharks fan here. There's been a lot of talk on our broadcasts about how well our PK has been playing lately. So it got me thinking about our PK last year and I'm pretty sure Boughner ran our PK last year. Was just wondering how that's going. We had this dumb system where you had 3 guys playing like a 5-on-3+1 with the triangle formation with an extra guy chasing the puck carrier.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Hi guys, Sharks fan here. There's been a lot of talk on our broadcasts about how well our PK has been playing lately. So it got me thinking about our PK last year and I'm pretty sure Boughner ran our PK last year. Was just wondering how that's going. We had this dumb system where you had 3 guys playing like a 5-on-3+1 with the triangle formation with an extra guy chasing the puck carrier.

We play the same system now. Not a great start. What was your PK rank last season?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

This is exactly how I describe this f***ing monstrosity of a PK :laugh::mad:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I think the most important part tomorrow is score One Goal in the Beginning. as best as 2-0 after the first. Cause if you once in a down stream and start 0-2 in the first, it all comes back and goes in your Head. Early Foals for Florida would be so good, cause Panthers feel better with a lead in the Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad