OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
When will his wife come to Montreal? The city feels empty without Erjona around

:sarcasm:
Just saw a picture of her for the first time, and I must say she looks a lot more natural/wholesome than Erjona... Not getting an immediate "I'm leaving and taking our baby back home" vibe so that's good ;)

Reactions: ArtPeur

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Not to be finicky but it's not citizenship they apply for and require, but residency. Citizenship is a longer process. I cant speak for the US and their green cards, but in Canada you can often get residency within 3 years, citizenship is more like 6 years.

Basically the difference is with residency you cant vote and you dont have a canadian passport.

Source: My wife is a resident and I did her paperwork, + as an interpreter I work with this crap.

As a son of immigrants, I know this crap too. I think my grandparents are résidents permanents since the 60s. Don't ask me why they never got their citizenship.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
As a son of immigrants, I know this crap too. I think my grandparents are résidents permanents since the 60s. Don't ask me why they never got their citizenship.

The hassle of the paperwork, being fine with the passport they already had (they're Portuguese right?), and the not carring about voting probably. Not sure I'd do it myself if I had an EU passport.

Some countries dont accept double citizenship too, like in my case if I'd want to be a Chilean citizen through my wife, I'd have to abandon my Canadian citizenship because of Chilean immigration policy.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I spent the whole day refreshing my twitter just waiting for that trade announcement by the club...

what trade though? Oh, the intl spot?

See, we shouldve gotten David Edgar as designated jabroni instead.
Anxious to see how much it'll cost for that spot. Last one was 150k iirc.

Last edited:

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Intl spot, Nguyen, whatever mysterious stuff Braz is working on, Silva and Camacho integrating the team, it should be an eventful couple of weeks until the next game... So glad we have IMFC (with an actual plan) to offset the disaster that is our other Mtl team

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Probably got in trouble for spilling the beans on Silva and Camacho. Let's just hope he's being coy rather than having no clue

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
The hassle of the paperwork, being fine with the passport they already had (they're Portuguese right?), and the not carring about voting probably. Not sure I'd do it myself if I had an EU passport.

Some countries dont accept double citizenship too, like in my case if I'd want to be a Chilean citizen through my wife, I'd have to abandon my Canadian citizenship because of Chilean immigration policy.

Yeah Portuguese citizens. I think renewing it every 5 years for the past 50 years has been more paperwork. But we can have double citizenship but I don't think they care enough to do it., especially not at their age now.

Reactions: ShaMu

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
what trade though? Oh, the intl spot?

See, we shouldve gotten David Edgar as designated jabroni instead.
Anxious to see how much it'll cost for that spot. Last one was 150k iirc.
You're aware Braz said yeterday that he was hopeful of completing a trade with players that Rémi Garde specifically targeted right?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I can't wait for the first game in Toronto. I hope Batts will tie up an Impact scarf on the goal's net

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Piatti - Sebrango- Vargas
Taider - Piette - Silva
Lovitz - Camacho/Fanni - Cabrera - Petrasso
Bush

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
So Garde said that what Vanney was crying about after the game is that our coaching staff was too expressive. lol

edit: sorry, i hadnt noticed HabsHater9000's post about it already.

Last edited:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
You're aware Braz said yeterday that he was hopeful of completing a trade with players that Rémi Garde specifically targeted right?

What I read was Braz being quoted as saying they were continuing to work towards bringing players which Garde had identified.
So I guess Camacho, + the rumors that have them biding for Nguyen. Did I miss anything else which seems imminent?

Reactions: ArtPeur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia