OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
What I read was Braz being quoted as saying they were continuing to work towards bringing players which Garde had identified.
So I guess Camacho, + the rumors that have them biding for Nguyen. Did I miss anything else which seems imminent?
No you didn't. But I think that when IMFC management says something, we've been used to the fact that it's never speculation. They always talk at the last second only.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Krolicki won that particular battle I guess. Would have liked to see Shome get a chance to show where he's at development wise but I trust Garde's opinion.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
DYvzF07U8AA90ZI.jpg

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
If it was just about making room for Silva, couldn't they have simply loaned Oduro instead? Is another midfielder on his way to IMFC?

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl

We shouldve sent Krolicki there instead. I really dont know what Garde sees in him, i dont see it. I see no progression over the course of the 3 games he's played either, if anything I think he's getting worse, his limitations keep getting more obvious.
For me, the little bit we saw from Shome in preseason was enough to show off what we already knew he can bring, a much more dynamic game. Anyways, Shome has to get minutes somewheres.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
If it was just about making room for Silva, couldn't they have simply loaned Oduro instead? Is another midfielder on his way to IMFC?

You mean because we sent out a CM? Maybe it's possible they plan on trying Silva more in a central midfield position as HabsHater9000 and I have been pointing to.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We shouldve sent Krolicki there instead. I really dont know what Garde sees in him, i dont see it. I see no progression over the course of the 3 games he's played either, if anything I think he's getting worse, his limitations keep getting more obvious.
For me, the little bit we saw from Shome in preseason was enough to show off what we already knew he can bring, a much more dynamic game. Anyways, Shome has to get minutes somewheres.

They may end up sending him there eventually.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
ESPN polled MLS players on the most overrated and underrated players in the league.

Dos Santos of Galaxy was voted most overrated. But Bradley was 2nd and Altidore was 4th.

Piatti was voted most underrated.

He was also 3rd of hardest to play against.

I like the overrated choices. The Dos Santos brothers are both highly overrated, they've been their whole career, expectations keep getting lower but always seem too high.
As for Bradley, I know he's one of the most highly rated mids in this league but I never liked the player, always found he was very inconsistent and choked in big games.

But Piatti underrated? He's always being touted as one of the very best players in the league by every media covering it, as he should be, so I dont know why he'd be considered underrated. If I'd have to pick someone off the top of my head, Sam Piette would be my most underrated player.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Piatti is probably underrated because he's playing in a small market. It would be different if he was playing in LA or NY

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Piatti doesn't get much buzz outside of Montreal IMO. Should've been nominated for MVP in 2016 and the way he played against America in the CCL, I haven't seen an MLS player look that dangerous against a top LigaMX side despite being in a pretty mediocre team.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I like the overrated choices. The Dos Santos brothers are both highly overrated, they've been their whole career, expectations keep getting lower but always seem too high.
As for Bradley, I know he's one of the most highly rated mids in this league but I never liked the player, always found he was very inconsistent and choked in big games.

But Piatti underrated? He's always being touted as one of the very best players in the league by every media covering it, as he should be, so I dont know why he'd be considered underrated. If I'd have to pick someone off the top of my head, Sam Piette would be my most underrated player.
Piette the most underrated player? in the league? :laugh: He's good but has the skillset of a potato. He wouldn't be a starter in most teams.

Kellyn Acosta, Rusnak, Kemar Lawrence, Mavinga, Delgado, Trapp and Ring are my picks for underrated players.
As for overrated, Nikolic, Dom Dwyer, Bedoya and Josef Martinez. Martinez mostly scores in penalties, tap ins or when the opposite team is down a man.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Piette the most underrated player? in the league? :laugh: He's good but has the skillset of a potato. He wouldn't be a starter in most teams.

Kellyn Acosta, Rusnak, Kemar Lawrence, Mavinga, Delgado, Trapp and Ring are my picks for underrated players.
As for overrated, Nikolic, Dom Dwyer, Bedoya and Josef Martinez. Martinez mostly scores in penalties, tap ins or when the opposite team is down a man.

I though you said Piatti at first. Almost freaked out

Dec 2, 2010
I love all the banter on Twitter about all the int'l players on American teams getting green cards. Meanwhile guys like Cabrera/Piatti/Donadel still count as int'l.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad