Proposal: Montréal/Dallas

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Mete was on the top pairing due to lack of options, not due to his skill level.

The surprising rise of Chairot and excitement about Romanov will push Mete further down the depth charts. Trade rumours for Zadorov, Graves, Ghost etc. could fill the 1D-3D lines is not encouraging to his NHL future. NHL Draft with a significant 10 picks in 4 rounds: 1-1st, 3-2ds, 2-3rds & 4-4ths with a strong likelihood LHD will be a focus only deepens a strong farm. Finally, expansion draft dumping of quality DMen at little cost creating plenty of options after next season by waiting.

Mete is garbage and most other team fanbases already know the value is likely zero. MB still has plenty of options to fill a glaring hole on LHD, but Mete is unlikely to be part of the solution.
I'm not surprised you totally ignore my arguments in your counter 'argument'

Yes, Mete was on the top pairing due to the lack of options. But, he didn't get light up. Even tho he got out muscled here and there, he showed he could skate with the best of them.

As far as the bolded, my eyes are still bleeding.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

The surprising rise of Chairot and excitement about Romanov will push Mete further down the depth charts. Trade rumours for Zadorov, Graves, Ghost etc. could fill the 1D-3D lines is not encouraging to his NHL future. NHL Draft with a significant 10 picks in 4 rounds: 1-1st, 3-2ds, 2-3rds & 4-4ths with a strong likelihood LHD will be a focus only deepens a strong farm. Finally, expansion draft dumping of quality DMen at little cost creating plenty of options after next season by waiting.

Mete is garbage and most other team fanbases already know the value is likely zero. MB still has plenty of options to fill a glaring hole on LHD, but Mete is unlikely to be part of the solution.

Calling Mete garbage is like calling Jost and Zadorov garbage. Mere is young and developing and just completed his elc at 21 years old.

Zadorov’s development has plateaued and he is topped out as a bottom pairing dman on playoff quality rosters. Jost still has development potential but it’s not looking good.

Guess they are all garbage in your eyes.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

3 points I want to focus on:

1) Yeah, Mete is going to be pushed down the lineup for sure. Hopefully he continue to develop his game and become a reliable top 4 D. In my opinion, he’s already a decent NHL player and still have a lot of room to grow.

2) Trade rumours are mostly around Montreal acquiring a young, already established top 4 LHD. Guys like Ghost and Zadorov doesn’t fit the bill. There are certainly better options than Graves that we would like to explore first. He’s probably a plan C or D.

3) Montreal already stocked up on LHD in the previous drafts. We got Mete (21), Romanov (20), Harris (19), Struble (18) and Norlinder (19).

*Harris is a 3rd round pick (#71) and the #1 D at Northeastern University. 21 points in 33 games and was also USA #1 D at the WJC.

**Struble is last year #48 overall and was the youngest player drafted last year (Sept 8 birthday). He ended the year with 10 points in 13 games at Northeastern University. He did that at 18 years old as well and only turning 19 in September.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
How exactly is Esa Lindell a top pairing D man? LOL

Production last three years: 29 points in 82 games averaging 23 mins a game boasting absolutely awful advanced stats, granted he does play tough minutes.

He's a #3 AT BEST, and he's almost 26 years old.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Calling Mete garbage is like calling Jost and Zadorov garbage. Mere is young and developing and just completed his elc at 21 years old.

Zadorov’s development has plateaued and he is topped out as a bottom pairing dman on playoff quality rosters. Jost still has development potential but it’s not looking good.

Guess they are all garbage in your eyes.

Did you see the AVs Board on Jost? Half the fans want to drive him to the airport and the other half refuelling their vehicles. We’re willing to admit the pick was a disappointment.

Zadorov opinions are mixed. Fans do want to keep him and worth significantly more than you realize, with Byram/Girard/Graves/Cole there is little room in the lineup. I believe he has the higher value between the players.

Mete can’t do anything score or defence. He’s garbage and with replacements on the way, unlikely to be an NHL player much longer.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Do Habs fans even try to get the other team 50 cents on the dollar in these proposals? Habs fans, when it hurts you, that’s when you know you’re getting closer.

Habs: Lindell
Dallas: Caufield, Mete, 39th pick

If I am the Habs I strongly think about this deal (+/- the 2nd rounder maybe replaced by a later 2nd round or a 3rd), Mete is a 4/5 D in my opinion, Caufield a top prospect and Lindell a top 2 shutdown Dman. However, I thought DAL wanted to contend now, is it really a coherent trade for them to make ?

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
However, I thought DAL wanted to contend now, is it really a coherent trade for them to make ?

No, it's a trade that makes no sense whatsoever for Dallas, regardless of if the value is equal or not. It's a classic HFB trade proposal that only considers one team's needs while ignoring the other's.

Dallas wants to contend right now and trading a roster player in his prime for futures is not the way to go about that.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
No, it's a trade that makes no sense whatsoever for Dallas, regardless of if the value is equal or not. It's a classic HFB trade proposal that only considers one team's needs while ignoring the other's.

Dallas wants to contend right now and trading a roster player in his prime for futures is not the way to go about that.

That's what I thought, thank you for confirmation ;)

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Don't waste your time answering back to that guy. He just trolls anything Hab related.
Yup I have noticed all he does is call Hab players trash and takes jabs at anything habs related in almost every habs related threads hes the type of poster that tries to sound intelligent while being an ass at the same time taking jabs at the habs every chance he gets I am not sure how a MOD hasn't spoken to him about this because all it does is cause arguments within threads he talks in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad