Proposal: Montréal/Dallas

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Do Habs fans even try to get the other team 50 cents on the dollar in these proposals? Habs fans, when it hurts you, that’s when you know you’re getting closer.

Habs: Lindell
Dallas: Caufield, Mete, 39th pick

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Do Habs fans even try to get the other team 50 cents on the dollar in these proposals? Habs fans, when it hurts you, that’s when you know you’re getting closer.

Dallas: Caufield, Mete, 38th pick

Whoever hold the 38th pick won’t be happy that we traded it to another team.

Also, can’t see Lindell being traded either.

Reactions: themelkman

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

Dallas: Caufield, Mete, 38th pick
That's a decent propasal imo for Lindell. I'd be curious if we could get better tho. In better I also mean a better fit, I think we need a strong puck mover and PP quarter back more then a 2way/strong defensive guy stylistically...

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
You think you need a PPQB with Heiskanen and Klingberg on the team?
I'm a habs fan. I was talking from Montreal POV. I see Lindell has a two way defenseman. I think we might need a defenseman that drives the play and qb the pp more then we need a 2way defenseman since we already have Weber, Petry, Chiarot. Ideally we need a lhd to pair with Weber and I think a dynamic skating defenseman would be the best fit in a perfect world.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
For record I love how poster sees offer is light and includes a 2 but won't even include the MTL 2 but a 2 at the end of the round. Easy NO for stars.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
If you have a player like Lindell in your line-up, you keep him and you try to sign him for the next 8 years. Lindell + Heiskanen + Klingberg sounds like a hell of a"big three" to have patrolling your blue line for many years.

Reactions: bl02

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Dallas: Caufield, Mete, 39th pick

Mete is garbage, replace with a 1st.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
lindell is a top pairing dman, one of the absolute best shutdown dmen in the league and hes only 25

though i dont think montreal should do that trade , the value wasnt that far off.

your response was, for lack of a better word, gooberish
So was the original one. Horrible and insulting

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Calling a 21 year old nhler garbage is definitely just designed to cause arguing.
So many 21 years old who have yet to touch NHL ice are considered great prospect... Not only Mete's played 171 NHL games, but he wasn't sheltered for most of them, asked to play against top players alongside Weber as a 19-20 years old.

Can we compare him to Dante Fabbro?Jake Bean?Cholowski?Clague?Hajek?Liljgren?Foote?Valimaki?Vaakananein?Joseph?

All garbage right, some peolple have no perspective on things lol

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
So many 21 years old who have yet to touch NHL ice are considered great prospect... Not only Mete's played 171 NHL games, but he wasn't sheltered for most of them, asked to play against top players alongside Weber as a 19-20 years old.

Can we compare him to Dante Fabbro?Jake Bean?Cholowski?Clague?Hajek?Liljgren?Foote?Valimaki?Vaakananein?Joseph?

Joseph is kinda garbage.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Mete was on the top pairing due to lack of options, not due to his skill level.

The surprising rise of Chairot and excitement about Romanov will push Mete further down the depth charts. Trade rumours for Zadorov, Graves, Ghost etc. could fill the 1D-3D lines is not encouraging to his NHL future. NHL Draft with a significant 10 picks in 4 rounds: 1-1st, 3-2ds, 2-3rds & 4-4ths with a strong likelihood LHD will be a focus only deepens a strong farm. Finally, expansion draft dumping of quality DMen at little cost creating plenty of options after next season by waiting.

Mete is garbage and most other team fanbases already know the value is likely zero. MB still has plenty of options to fill a glaring hole on LHD, but Mete is unlikely to be part of the solution.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad