GDT: Montréal vs Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Pateryn and Hudon in, Beaulieu and Thomas out.

MT trying to destroy a young guy's confidence, again. He found his new pet, Gilbert Gilbert.

Well when we dry up to zero goals scored he may start looking for help from the backend again. :help:
I think we may be in trouble tonight and if we lose Sat. against the Sens becomes doubly critical.
I can't remember when we last lost 4-5 games in a row?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Well when we dry up to zero goals scored he may start looking for help from the backend again. :help:
I think we may be in trouble tonight and if we lose Sat. against the Sens becomes doubly critical.
I can't remember when we last lost 4-5 games in a row?

Still 99.2% of making the PO

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Beaulieu out? Really? Okay then...

Tinordi should really get in there. Capitalize on whatever confidence he has from his AHL conditioning stint. Gilbert should be out.

Let's see what Tokarski can do. Maybe he can make the goalie picture interesting, but I won't hold my breath.

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
I actually thought Thomas played pretty well last night, was creating a lot offensively, but took a stupid penalty. Maybe that's what pissed MT off.

Glad to see Hudon get a game in, let's see what he does with it!

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
I heard there is a video of him and thomas on youtube partying....or something like that. Therrien sending a message maybe.

I saw that but they're just having fun on this video. Nothing wrong here.

But was he actually playing bad during the last two games?

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
I was that but they're just having fun on this video. Nothing wrong here.

But was he actually playing bad during the last two games?

I dont think so. I have seen Gilbert offer up worse performances. Beaulieu was relegated to the bottom pairing for the last 2 games i believe. So there was some sort of message being sent. The 2 guys partying are the ones that are benched on a back to back game. Maybe its a coincidence...

We have some young dmen that deserve a chance so i dont mind it too much. I also like pateryn.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Stupid to take Beaulieu out, he is a top 4 D. I agree with taking Thomas out and am glad Hudon is getting a chance. Pacioretty, Subban, Galchenyuk all need to step up and be leaders on this team.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I heard there is a video of him and thomas on youtube partying....or something like that. Therrien sending a message maybe.

Those *****es know how to party. Brolieu hook a brotha up with some digits!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Thomas took a dumb penalty so it is easy to bench him. Beau hasn't played all that well lately. I would prefer that Tinner got in though. He needs playing time.

Looking forward to seeing Hudon play.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
So what are looking at here for tonight:

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Andrighetto
Fleischmann Desharnais Weise
Eller Plekanec Byron/Hudon
Carr Flynn Hudon/Byron

Markov Subban
Emelin Petry
Gilbert Pateryn

Or

Pacioretty Plekanec Andrighetto
Eller Galchenyuk Hudon
Carr Flynn Byron

???

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
NB has been terrible the last two games. Horrible give away on second goal last night. Won't hurt him to be benched a game. Needs to start playing a lot better

So what? Every veteran is perfect?
I mean for god's sake, can't we live with a couple of mistakes from a young guy? I'd argue he hasn't played that bad, but then even. He's been miles better than Gilbert.

So what are looking at here for tonight:

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Andrighetto
Eller Plekanec Byron/Hudon
Carr Flynn Hudon/Byron

Markov Subban
Emelin Petry
Gilbert Pateryn

Or

Pacioretty Plekanec Andrighetto
Eller Galchenyuk Hudon
Carr Flynn Byron

???

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise
Eller-Plekanec-Byron
Fleischmann-Galchenyuk-Andrighetto
Carr-Hudon-Flynn
:sarcasm:

Then again, I wouldn't even be surprised ...

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Gilbert won't get better by playing him, he reached his potential. Beaulieu is starting to develop into a top 4 defenseman. Now Gilbert has to play his off side too, frankly I don't understand why the coaching staff likes Gilbert as much as they do.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
gonna be a boring game. That Beaulieu partying video is... yeah. No big deal, the only thing is he is giving the middle finger, you know they are supposed to act like proffesionals. That is the only thing wrong with it, had he not been giving the middle finger, it's just having some fun.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Nathan seems to have regressed a bit. I thought he had made the jump...I guess he is still in need of growing up.
My initial reaction to him being scratched was that of anger towards MT. I guess MT knows what he is doing.
I am a big fan of Pateryn, he deserves to play.
Habs will be in 2nd place very soon with their inability to score and to stop routine shots.

The DD line has literally produced nothing for over 2 weeks...what gives with them? Flash has disappeared.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Nathan seems to have regressed a bit. I thought he had made the jump...I guess he is still in need of growing up.
My initial reaction to him being scratched was that of anger towards MT. I guess MT knows what he is doing.
I am a big fan of Pateryn, he deserves to play.
Habs will be in 2nd place very soon with their inability to score and to stop routine shots.

The DD line has literally produced nothing for over 2 weeks...what gives with them? Flash has disappeared.

Fleischmann has looked fine, still creating chances and moving very well. His line has cooled down, but that's normal over a long season. Give him, DD and Weise time -- they'll heat up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad