Monthly News Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
A couple of XFL things that have come out in some lawsuit involving the AAF (the other american football league).

The original plan for the AAF was to buy the XFL name from Vince for a stupid amount of money, $50m. Their offer is what provoked Vince into rushing to re-starting the XFL.

And another stupid thing was that the AAF was planning on having WWE pay them for to be on the WWE Network. Which is very wtf.

Didn't the Canes' owner just save the AAF from going under in just its' first month of existence? Heard that they couldn't even cover payroll until he stepped in, and now he's the league commissioner, or some other lofty title.

The AAF looks to be just as healthy as the original XFL was. :laugh:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Didn't the Canes' owner just save the AAF from going under in just its' first month of existence? Heard that they couldn't even cover payroll until he stepped in, and now he's the league commissioner, or some other lofty title.

week 1 i believe. huhuh

kinda crazy story. you sell the name. they pay you to be on the network.... but you're so selfish that you dont want anyone else making this work. so you refuse and spend a shit ton of money yourself in recreating all this. but with even "more competition".

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
- Meltzer reporting that Sami Zayn is clear to return.

I wonder if he gets involved with the Owens/Bryan/Kofi stuff at Fastlane and we get a Fatal Four-Way at Mania.

Could allow Kofi to win without Bryan or Owens taking the pinfall

My god what an awful idea.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal

(i dont think he's leaving. more like i think its obvious that he's bigger than Daniel Bryan and probably moving him to RAW/SD)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
week 1 i believe. huhuh

kinda crazy story. you sell the name. they pay you to be on the network.... but you're so selfish that you dont want anyone else making this work. so you refuse and spend a **** ton of money yourself in recreating all this. but with even "more competition".

I heard Colin Kaepernick made the same ridiculous contract demands with the XFL that he did with the AAF.....hell it wouldn't surprise me if Vince signed him just for the attention alone.

Viewers before logic, as is his usual mantra.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

The numbers for that don't add up. He's meant to be investing $250m, but that's way higher than what the pay would be for the league.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't think Vince would be stupid enough to work a cancer angle. The backlash on that if exposed would be insane.

... Now, I can see Roman having an issue with his leukemia and Vince overblowing and exposing it in an attempt to get him over.

I've often wondered, Roman has had numerous, "Mysterious illnesses" since he came to the main roster. I kinda wonder if those were related to this.

I said something similar when it was first announced. His immune system would have been more compromised and made him more prone to getting illnesses.

Also, no way Vince would work cancer. Shareholders would be pissed, they’d drop him, partnerships would end, etc.

- Meltzer reporting that Sami Zayn is clear to return.

I wonder if he gets involved with the Owens/Bryan/Kofi stuff at Fastlane and we get a Fatal Four-Way at Mania.

Could allow Kofi to win without Bryan or Owens taking the pinfall

Kofi vs. Bryan should be one-on-one. I’ll only tolerate a triple threat with Owens a la Benoit/HBK/HHH.

I wonder when Sami's deal ends. I can see him jumping ship the second it does.

He was on Jericho’s pod not long ago and sounds like he’s already thinking of his next step after wrestling.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I said something similar when it was first announced. His immune system would have been more compromised and made him more prone to getting illnesses.

Also, no way Vince would work cancer. Shareholders would be pissed, they’d drop him, partnerships would end, etc.

Kofi vs. Bryan should be one-on-one. I’ll only tolerate a triple threat with Owens a la Benoit/HBK/HHH.

He was on Jericho’s pod not long ago and sounds like he’s already thinking of his next step after wrestling.

Would that REALLY be a bad thing, though?

If Vince got the golden handshake and rode off into the sunset, never to meddle with storylines again. HHH/Steph/Shane/whoever takes over, and Vince Dunn gets fired.

I think that would be fantastic. Best case scenario.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
WWE has announced some signings for NXT UK:

Ilja Dragunov (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's the legit hottest free agent, big star in WXW)
Oliver Sauter (went by Oliver Carter, seen him in WXW)
Jaw Melrose (already been on NXT UK TV)
Kay Lee Ray (has been been everywhere)
Jazzy Gabert (ditto)

Can't complain about them at all. Especially Dragunov, massive fan of him

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- WWE updated their May live event listings to add Roman Reigns....... and Dean Ambrose. While it doesn't mean an agreement for Ambrose to stay was made, it certainly indicates that WWE Officials now expect him to stay.

- There was speculation that Ciampa and Gargano would face The Revival at Fastlane, but due to Ciampa's injury, that likely won't be the case. It's possible Black and Ricochet get that spot instead.

- There are conflicting reports on Bray Wyatt's return. Some think that Wyatt will return before WrestleMania and have a match at Mania, while others think that Bray Wyatt's return will be kept until the shows after WrestleMania so it has a bigger impact.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Goddamn.

Yeah can someone sit Ronda down and explain to her how this whole "social media war" works? Every time Becky lands a shot, Ronda gets all "SERIOUS MODE" and puffs out her chest talking about how tough she "really" is. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad