Monster Hunter World

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Decided to play this for the first time today. The tutorial is pretty damn long.

I picked the weapon you can vault with. Any good?

The whole game is a tutorial. Insect Glaive is the weapon i have used, i love it. My only tip is to learn to use the kinsect to extract the different powers from the monster, especially Red as it changes the moves available. Also new R1 downward slash while in the air is great for grabbing extracts and cutting tails. Their is only one monster i feel at a disadvantage with insect glaive and thats Kirin, but the damn lightning attacks. As the other posted said all weapons are viable and your not tied to the first weapon you choose at all, if you ever want to try another weapon you will always be able to build one and try it out.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I've put a lot of time into iceborne.

For the most part, the game is great. I had fun playing through the campaign and part of the guiding lands. This game is now a chore though because of god damn Savage Deviljho.

The concept of invading monsters/turf wars was cool in the base game since it could help you out, and if it got too annoying you could just dung pod the offending monster and they'd piss off. Not Jho.

You enrage him and the damn thing stays angry for the duration of your quest. You can't dung him because he just ignores it. Flashing doesn't work since he's apparently literally too angry to be blinded. You can't dung the target monster since he'll just come after you anyway.

What a shitty mechanic. Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't every bloody quest but nope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad