WWE: Monday Night Raw part 175: Top Injury Prone Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Wrestlers are wrestlers, they're not supposed to be actresses. They've rarely been good at being actors and the ones who have then left and did so. What face in this company is able to give a seriously convincing and proper promo?
Samiiiiiiii. Ambrose too when given the right stuff. New Day. Enzo Amore. People don't like em, but I like Becky's promos too. Truth.

It's definitely doable. And I don't blame Bayley for the garbage talking points she's given a lot of the time, but her promo skills and acting are bad. You do need to "act" to cut a promo with any sort of conviction and emotion behind it, which gets the fans behind what you're saying.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Samiiiiiiii. Ambrose too when given the right stuff. New Day. Enzo Amore. People don't like em, but I like Becky's promos too. Truth.

It's definitely doable. And I don't blame Bayley for the garbage talking points she's given a lot of the time, but her promo skills and acting are bad. You do need to "act" to cut a promo with any sort of conviction and emotion behind it, which gets the fans behind what you're saying.

I need you to point out the people who don't like Becky's promos so I can kill them.

Frankly. I don't think any woman on the main roster has cut a better promo than that.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
who's idea to have Noami (also as champion) vs challenge Natti.. like who in the hell wants to actually see that or thought that would be a good match for your 2nd biggest PPV of the year...

When you have Becky and Charlotte who are actually entertaining

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
who's idea to have Noami (also as champion) vs challenge Natti.. like who in the hell wants to actually see that or thought that would be a good match for your 2nd biggest PPV of the year...

When you have Becky and Charlotte who are actually entertaining

The glow probably sells more merch than the lass kicker or Charlotte

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Becky and Sami are the best babyfaces in the company.

They are all over enough as faces, but where has being over-enough gotten Sami and Becky? Becky hasn't been relevant on TV since she had the title, Sami for even longer. And it took both of them forever to get new merch. Sami has gotten absolutely nothing since he rolled up Seth before the Rumble. Enzo will be buried soon enough, or he'll go to 205 Live. Look at their plans for SummerSlam. Nothing for Becky. Nothing for Sami. Enzo is hanging in a shark cage.

New Day finally did get strong booking as faces, but they've gotten stale with everybody outside of kids. But remember how they even got to this point: they started as faces everybody hated, both of their turns have come when Vince finally gave up on it since he doesn't actually care at all about tag teams.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
When was the last time Becky was asked to cut a scripted promo in the middle of the ring?

You would fall apart just as badly. No woman in the company can effectively cut that face promo.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kevin Dunn doesn't like them. Is probably a big reason why she never cuts promos in the ring. She barely gets to cut them at all.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Kevin Dunn doesn't like them. Is probably a big reason why she never cuts promos in the ring. She barely gets to cut them at all.

I thought that was an unsubstantiated rumor?

The actual reason to me seems they just arent pushing her right now. Doesn't seem like they intend to give her a push anytime soon either.

Im more likely to believe they just really like blondes. Charlotte got the mega push, now Bliss, and Lana keeps getting featured TV time despite being beyond awful.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They're probably just buying time to Charlotte vs. Becky for the SD Women's Title at Wrestlemania. They have enough bodies to shuffle in and out of the title picture until they start getting the spotlight on them again.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Mania will be another multi-person match.

The only feud I thought would get a Mania singles match was Sasha/Bayley but I'm not sure even that happens.

They seem to just like throwing them all into one match over and over.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I think the card is full enough without them. they are already leaving Miz and the IC title off the card cause its so full

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Has there ever been a Summerslam card which has ever looked so weak on paper than this years card?

It's top heavy with several thrown together matches to fill the time.

The 4-way is great. The US title feud has been good but they owe us a classic match. Both tag matches should be good.

The women's title matches could be hit or miss. I have more faith in Raw and then you can have Carmella cash in on the Smackdown side.

I'm disappointed in no proper IC feud. Jinder-Shinsuke is such a random matchup with no heat...which also smells like a cash-in situation.

Orton-Rusev, Cena-Corbin, Balor-Wyatt...fine midcard matches I suppose. Don't need a lot of time with them but they'll be okay matches.

The cruiserweight match should be fun. Neville is a top 5 wrestler in the company. Arguably performer of the year.

What am I missing? Doesn't seem as bad when you run through it.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
It's top heavy with several thrown together matches to fill the time.

The 4-way is great. The US title feud has been good but they owe us a classic match. Both tag matches should be good.

The women's title matches could be hit or miss. I have more faith in Raw and then you can have Carmella cash in on the Smackdown side.

I'm disappointed in no proper IC feud. Jinder-Shinsuke is such a random matchup with no heat...which also smells like a cash-in situation.

Orton-Rusev, Cena-Corbin, Balor-Wyatt...fine midcard matches I suppose. Don't need a lot of time with them but they'll be okay matches.

The cruiserweight match should be fun. Neville is a top 5 wrestler in the company. Arguably performer of the year.

What am I missing? Doesn't seem as bad when you run through it.

I think you hit them all except Show vs. Cass although there's only one tag match, I think. Card is:
  • Lesnar vs. Reigns, Strowman, and Joe for the Universal Championship
  • Mahal vs. Nakamura for the WWE Championship
  • Naomi vs. Natalya for the Smackdown Women's Championship
  • Bliss vs. Banks or Jax for the Raw Women's Championship
  • Styles vs. Owens for the US Championship
  • New Day vs. Usos for the Smackdown Tag Championship
  • Neville vs. Tozawa for the Cruiserweight Championship
  • Orton vs. Rusev
  • Big Show vs. Big Cass
  • Balor vs. Wyatt
  • Cena vs. Corbin

Status