WWE: Monday Night Raw part 162 - Why is my name on this list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Complaining about the You Deserve It chant when the person quite clearly deserves it is the equivalent of....

297.png

My point on it was not that they're doing it because they deserve it, they're doing it because they're marking for the title change. And the discourse was sort of more directed to Naomi than Bray Wyatt. She's done a good job since returning from injury, but it was a bad match (with a botched finish), for someone who had trouble getting reactions, who probably has the title because Wrestlemania is in her hometown and/or because it's her turn, and the reaction would give you the impression that the crowd's been behind her the whole time when it isn't the case. I'm sure she's worked hard for a long time now, and she's still better than a lot of the hot warm bodies they've run out there in the past, but I just don't think they were chanting it because they thought she deserved it, they were doing it because someone won their first title and they were there for it.

Last edited:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Anyone have thoughts on the 'You Deserve It' rant/discussion that Meltzer and Alvarez had this week? I know SquaredCircle were pretty upset with what they said. I agree with the gist that the chant is godawful since everyone that wins a title gets it, regardless of whatever they've been through.
Just add it to the massive pile of things Meltzer says that are completely reasonable and logical, but then get taken completely out of context by people who don't listen to him and twisted into something stupid.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Just add it to the massive pile of things Meltzer says that are completely reasonable and logical, but then get taken completely out of context by people who don't listen to him and twisted into something stupid.
I listened to it, as did many others, and still disagree with him mostly.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Almost all chants are awful because they're really not natural and it comes off as the crowd just trying to steal the show from the actual performers

"What", "This is awesome", "You deserve it", when the fans sing entrance music while THERE'S A ****ING MATCH GOING ON, it's insufferable

The only ones I like are the occasional "Yes" or "Holy ****" chants, as they can be genuinely spontaneous, but I am not at all a fan of these 'hey, look at me and how great of a fan I am' chants

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Watching the Roode vs Nakamura match, my god is Nakamura over af. I think he'd instantly be in the top 3 of most over on the main roster. I wonder if he'd get better responses than what AJ has been getting for a year straight.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
What chant is terrible

im fine with most other chants. I never understand the idea that the crowd are trying to hijack the show from the performers. (the What chant DOES feel like that though)

singing the theme during a match is ok but gains a +1000 modifier for Nakamura

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The two chants that are legitimately terrible are What? chants and CM Punk chants.

The "what" chants never really bothered me, the CM Punk chants are just annoying and stupid.

I hate when the crowd tries to take over / sh** on a whole show, Its funny at first but if you do it all night its just annoying.

Another big one is when they do the "Lets go ____ / ____ Sucks!" Cheer for the other guy if you hate ____. When people do this with Cena and Reigns it just makes Vince think they only care about them and not the opponent. AJ Styles is the first person in years! to get any kind of chant during a Cena match (maybe a Reigns match too??) Lets Go Cena / AJ Styles! is the way to do it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The "what" chants never really bothered me, the CM Punk chants are just annoying and stupid.

I hate when the crowd tries to take over / sh** on a whole show, Its funny at first but if you do it all night its just annoying.

Another big one is when they do the "Lets go ____ / ____ Sucks!" Cheer for the other guy if you hate ____. When people do this with Cena and Reigns it just makes Vince think they only care about them and not the opponent. AJ Styles is the first person in years! to get any kind of chant during a Cena match (maybe a Reigns match too??) Lets Go Cena / AJ Styles! is the way to do it.

It depends on the show. Some shows deserve to be **** on. Crowd ******** all over the 2014? Rumble was warranted. Cena/Orton 4800, Bootastia. 2015 Rumble getting **** on also deserved it.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It depends on the show. Some shows deserve to be **** on. Crowd ******** all over the 2014? Rumble was warranted. Cena/Orton 4800, Bootastia. 2015 Rumble getting **** on also deserved it.

Yeah I agree with this. I meant more like smark crowds trying too hard to take over shows or be rowdy.

Some shows totally deserve to be sh** on because of awful booking choices or just plain boring matches. Rumble 2015 is a perfect example

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
I'm pretty sure that's the first time it ever happened and it made sense since his whole story was about being held back from the peak of the company.

I mean, Windham Rotunda deserves winning after all the hard work he put in, but it makes no sense to tell Bray Wyatt that he deserves it after winning it on his own after being placed in a match without needing to do anything.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm pretty sure that's the first time it ever happened and it made sense since his whole story was about being held back from the peak of the company.

I mean, Windham Rotunda deserves winning after all the hard work he put in, but it makes no sense to tell Bray Wyatt that he deserves it after winning it on his own after being placed in a match without needing to do anything.

Yeah but why do we have to look at wrestlers as only their character?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Fans love Jericho though.

Oh yeah, they would never do that. But after getting mugged by Owens the way he was for an entire arena to say, "You deserved it" would be like fans cheering a player being injured. It makes me wonder if something like that happened to Roman if fans would have any sympathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad