WWE: Monday Night Raw #184 - The Roman/Jinder Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That is my fear with all of this. They are making Seth look strong on TV, which is great, but where is it going?

IC champ has limits, and he doesn’t really have a featured feud right now. Plus the glass ceiling that is Roman Reigns still exists.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
someone posted a thread on reddit with HHH/Jericho going off script in 2013 and it reminded me of HHH's mini terror reign in 2013 where he and his counterparts would constantly go off script and bicker at each other and turning it all very, very real very quick:

- HHH taking an off script jab at Jericho's scarf in a face-to-face segment
- Edge saying HHH isn't a dictator, but he's just a dick, and that segment devolving into the two of them having a pissing match about who was a draw and who was just a guy; HHH said Edge was "just a guy like Jericho" who wasn't even there that week iirc and Edge (and Jericho on Twitter in response) said HHH never drew a dime in his life and was also just "a guy" who happened to marry into his success.
- A comment about RVD that RVD eventually responded to on Twitter as well around that time iirc.

The Authority was a weird time and it was before NXT really got going imo, and HHH's self-consciousness in relation to other talent was still on display -- especially in regards to Jericho, who -- if there was every any doubt before his NJPW run -- is definitely ahead of Triple H on the all-time GOAT list.

This was also the time where The Authority (mostly HHH) was trying to undercut everyone on the mic and no one could really do anything because, you know, scared for their jobs, so when Edge and Jericho would respond off-script to HHH, it got interesting, hence the shots at "being just a guy who never drew money".

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
someone posted a thread on reddit with HHH/Jericho going off script in 2013 and it reminded me of HHH's mini terror reign in 2014 where he and his counterparts would constantly go off script and bicker at each other and turning it all very, very real very quick:

- Edge saying HHH isn't a dictator, but he's just a dick, and that segment devolving into the two of them having a pissing match about who was a draw and who was just a guy; HHH said Edge was "just a guy like Jericho" who wasn't even there that week iirc and Edge (and Jericho on Twitter in response) said HHH never drew a dime in his life and was also just "a guy" who happened to marry into his success.
- A comment about RVD that RVD eventually responded to on Twitter as well around that time iirc.

The Authority was a weird time and it was before NXT really got going imo, and HHH's self-consciousness in relation to other talent was still on display -- especially in regards to Jericho, who -- if there was every any doubt before his NJPW run -- is definitely ahead of Triple H on the all-time GOAT list.

This was also the time where The Authority (mostly HHH) was trying to undercut everyone on the mic and no one could really do anything because, you know, scared for their jobs, so when Edge and Jericho would respond off-script to HHH, it got interesting, hence the shots at "being just a guy who never drew money".

If anyone says otherwise I'd fight them. Jericho is my fave of all time and I despise HHH. :laugh: I make no bones about my bias dislike towards his character, he bored me to tears on the mic for the most part.

Reactions: Hypernova

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Edge is better at everything than HHH, imo.

Hell. If he went into the suit side of wrestling I'm sure he'd excel at that too.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
someone posted a thread on reddit with HHH/Jericho going off script in 2013 and it reminded me of HHH's mini terror reign in 2013 where he and his counterparts would constantly go off script and bicker at each other and turning it all very, very real very quick:

Do you have a link to the Reddit thread? I'd like to peruse that...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Edge is better at everything than HHH, imo.

Hell. If he went into the suit side of wrestling I'm sure he'd excel at that too.

When he retired everyone was coming out and praising Edge’s mind for the business and ability to put things together. Cena notably said how much Edge helped him with psychology and putting stuff together in the ring and his attention to detail.

Do you have a link to the Reddit thread? I'd like to peruse that...

I’m on mobile now. It’s just a video clip of a time where HHH riffed on his scarf mid-promo for no reason and Jericho fires back about his pink tie. The fun is in the comments. Idk if it’d still be on the first page.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
When he retired everyone was coming out and praising Edge’s mind for the business and ability to put things together. Cena notably said how much Edge helped him with psychology and putting stuff together in the ring and his attention to detail.

I’m on mobile now. It’s just a video clip of a time where HHH riffed on his scarf mid-promo for no reason and Jericho fires back about his pink tie. The fun is in the comments. Idk if it’d still be on the first page.

I'm rather loathe to go to Reddit while at work, but I may have to do it.

Admittedly, my desire to watch wrestling has waned considerably, that only the return have Daniel Bryan has provided me reason to check in on the forum from time-to-time (if CM Punk came back, regardless of how he's treated the business since leaving, he'd still immediately grab my attention).

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
GOAT storyline idea r/sc has ever come up with

"They should do an angle where he [Lashley] says Trump stills owes him a favour so he's going to get Kevin and Sami deported"

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They should have Brock Lesner leave with the Universal Championship, so they can reintroduce the World Heavyweight Championship.

And then if Brock ever comes back, it's an easy first feud.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tonight's RAW is going to have purely **** ratings.

Memorial Day
Game 7 NBA
Game 1 SCF
That's why they're promoting the women's gauntlet and Seth hard, they know it's going to only be a hardcore audience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad