WWE: Monday Night Raw 127 -- the road to NXT Tak...err, Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
I don't disagree, I just think anybody would eventually get frustrated answering the same question over a year or two.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Unrelated, but lol at the way this CM Punk interview ended

http://ca.complex.com/sports/2016/02/cm-punk-second-act

That was a... something else.

I mean we know Punk is an ass. I think he's tired of having to deal with the WWE to MMA questions at this point.

The guy is just so freaking defensive. :laugh: What makes the guy great, also makes him such a ******. There was no reason to get upset about the question. I know it's been asked 4930294304932 times, but it's a valid question. Without ANY professional experience, are you scared? It's realistic.

I would be frustrated answering it, too, but that's the business. He needs to just have an answer for it and move on.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's new to the business though. He's used to scripted questions. If he was a hockey player, and he kept getting asked the same questions guys get asked every night, he'd probably be sick of that too, at least until he knew how to deal with it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm just puzzled as to why his debut has taken so long.

Feels like it's already been two years since he left WWE, and we've all known about this UFC debut for a while, but it's just dragging on for what seems like forever. :dunno:

I think its planned for around 199 or 200 right now.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
He's new to the business though. He's used to scripted questions. If he was a hockey player, and he kept getting asked the same questions guys get asked every night, he'd probably be sick of that too, at least until he knew how to deal with it.

He's gone through Wrestlemania week where people are asking him questions off the cuff. The guy is also REALLY intelligent. I just don't get why he loses his cool so easy. He likes the sport of hockey....and I would love if he played. I would chirp the **** out of him and he'd lose his mind every time.

Guy seriously has thin skin. I also am a CM Punk fan. :laugh: I just don't get why he's so mentally weak after how much he had to do in his career to get where he was. Now he just expects everyone to think like him.

I hope this dbag gets smoked in his fight.

Which is why his match will draw. Love/hate characters are incredible.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Acting like he constantly does tells me he has very low self-esteem. That would explain the gigantic chip on his shoulder.

It does make him great though. Without that drive, he wouldn't have achieved what he has.

Did he always or is it a product of his last years at WWE?

He claims he is over it but it was a huge part of his life and it ended so poorly. Hard to believe he put it behind him so easily (I don't know anyone who could if in his shoes)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Did he always or is it a product of his last years at WWE?

He claims he is over it but it was a huge part of his life and it ended so poorly. Hard to believe he put it behind him so easily (I don't know anyone who could if in his shoes)

He did admit to some bitterness about it during the podcast even though that was sometime ago now. I'm sure that hasn't all gone away though.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It would be a pretty big blow to his UFC prospects if a "softball" like Mickey Gall can knock out or submit Punk.

The first fight will undoubtedly be a draw but if he loses, the aura is pretty much gone.

Realistically, any softball fight isn't really a softball considering Punk's only been doing MMA as a hobby except for the past year and a half or so. Factor in the wear and tear on his body from wrestling and the fact that he's 37 and there's not much there for the long term imo.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's mind boggling especially considering I said it with absolute certainty. "It will undoubtedly be a draw". I could have worded it better, but come on. :facepalm:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think I could fit the HFWF in somehow during the summer if it followed an NXT formula instead of being written as a 2-3 hour show like it used to.

I'll see.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I would just think any trained MMA fighter that is in UFC should be a tough opponent for Punk... no matter what. Punk does not have a fight under his belt. Some guys fight their entire life and never get a shot at UFC.

Not saying Punk won't have the benefits of having an opponent picked for him that he might match up well against, but I just cannot figure out how he would be favored in any way without a real fight in his entire career.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I find it ironic Punk is all about wearing suits right now when he used to get pissy that Vince wanted the wrestlers to be corporate in their appearance. I remember hearing Taker was pissed at Punk once because he wasn't dressing up, right?

Now he's rocking mega expensive looking suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad