Speculation: Monahan trade value

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I love Monahan and I believe he is the future of the Flames but i don't trust management after they traded my favorite player Phaneuf. I was just curious though what they could get for him now.

Lulz. You should be worried about Sven, not Monahan.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Troll? Has a Monahan username, then proceeds to create his first ever thread about trading him.

Nothing to see here folks.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Monahan doesn't really have value considering he's been an NHL player for only a few months. At least wait a whole season to make a trade value thread!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I was just wondering what his value is

An equivalent top 20 prospect at another position. We have a huge need for a franchise center, basically he's not getting traded. You want proof, management didn't move Monahan for Seguin, so that shows you how highly they think of him. I highly question your intentions for creating such a thread as there is no way he's being moved.

NoPainNoFlame

Dec 28, 2013
I could see us trading top prospects for established players if we were close to a breakthrough, but we're kind of going in the other direction

We need more monahans and baertchis and colbornes, not less of them

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Is this even a serious thread? I mean, I think we're being total homers if we think Monahan has any value at all. We're talking about a guy who has been injured for a significant portion of every NHL season he's played, who has never made a WJC team, who has barely ever seen any playoff action at seemingly any level, and has never shown the ability to lead an NHL team to a winning record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad