Proposal: Monahan to Panthers

Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Calgary should be looking to acquire prospects and young players and picks for there current core . Florida gets a great 2C as they continue to pass expectations. And get better with a solid PP guy who can score goals.

To Calgary: Lundell, Tippet, 1st round pick

to Florida: Monahan

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Calgary should be looking to acquire prospects and young players and picks for there current core . Florida gets a great 2C as they continue to pass expectations. And get better with a solid PP guy who can score goals.

LOL How about no?

Ledge And Dairy

Probably too much from Florida nut ai do think they should consider a 2C upgrade if they are going for a playoff run this year. Lundell and the 1st would probably be the base of the trade, but I think Tippett makes it too much. Maybe replace him with Serron and add a short term cap dump like Stralman

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

I can't imagine Florida would be remotely interested in that. I think Monahan doesn't have a ton of value league wide. If I could get a 1st and a middle six forward for him he'd be gone. To get Lundell by himself would be a massive win for us.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
lol: Florida says no.

Lundell isn't being traded for what he projects to be. That's an offer for a topline C.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
easy rebuild eh? Monahan for Lundell Tippett and a 1st, and Giordano for Byram.

Boom!
I know, utterly ridiculous. I do think Monahan won't be a Flame next year, but I think it'll be for a middle six roster player and a pick, not an elite prospect, good prospect and a 1st. That's a package you put together for a Barkov, not a Monahan.

Vinman88

Aug 3, 2018

Lundell will be up with Panthers for playoffs perhaps so no thamks on this charade.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018

While I think monahan is underrated I do think that is very much an overpayment for him

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Monahan is a guy who has been on my radar all season, but Lundell is a non-starter.

Counter offer:
to FLA: Monahan, 3rd Rounder
to CGY: 1st Rounder, Connolly, Luostarinen

Connolly can score 20 goals without PP time, has a cup ring, and is the RHS wing that you guys have been looking for.
Luostarinen has been a very good bottom 6 C for us so far as a rookie. Great defense, great forecheck, great hustle, can carry the puck...seriously needs to work on his passing though.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Monahan is a guy who has been on my radar all season, but Lundell is a non-starter.

Counter offer:

Connolly can score 20 goals without PP time, has a cup ring, and is the RHS wing that you guys have been looking for.
Luostarinen has been a very good bottom 6 C for us so far as a rookie. Great defense, great forecheck, great hustle, can carry the puck...seriously needs to work on his passing though.

this seems much more realistic.

Reactions: kerrabria

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

Counter offer:

Good offer: I don’t love it as a Florida fan which implies fair value. Luo established himself as a NHLer this year and doesn’t need to be protected in expansion draft; I could see himself working on his offense this offseason.

Florida would run Barkov Monaghan Lundell next year and let Monaghan walk in 2023 when Lundell needs to get paid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad