Speculation: Monahan to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Make up your mind, those two first sentences are contradictory, becase a 2nd is closer to a 1st than to a 4th.

I'd say a 2nd is pretty much the baseline - middle-6 players who can fill many roles and add all-around depth for a playoff run often fetch those. If he isn't fetching a 2nd, that likely means his contract isn't going to be for a large AAV or very long term, and re-signing him is the logical choice.

EDIT: If Eller was worth a 2nd as a pure rental, I don't see how Monahan could be worth *less*. I'd bet good money he'd be worth more.
The context of the reply was pretty clear, but I’ll clear it up for you..

“Likely” and “might” are two different things.….

He’ll likely be bringing a 3rd but someone may throw a late 2nd at them if all the planets align. Minor retention, another player involved, etc, etc. The chances he gets a stand alone 2nd are pretty remote. Can you sit here today and name a team who’d give a 2nd for Monahan? I could name a handful who’d likely send a 3rd though.

So yes, much more likely to be closer to a 4th than a 1st.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Habs not interested neither. We Not moving Monahan!!! He good player, hard to find
Tell that to your fellow habs fans. Two straight years in a row yall have were adamant about selling him to the Avs for a first. Really don’t care. He’s cooled off and is playing wing… we do t need any more wingers with injury concerns

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I just finished reading the Zegras to Montreal fans and the amount of hypocrisy from those same Montreal fans in that thread compared to this thread is just absurd.
If the Avs somehow end up with Monahan after TDl they will not compete. For the Avs to be serious competitors, they need a bonafide high-level 2C. Someone that can carry a line (like a Lindholm or JEE). Without it, the Avs are not serious contenders.

I bet they end up with Eller again. lol

Reactions: Spilot23

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
If the Avs somehow end up with Monahan after TDl they will not compete. For the Avs to be serious competitors, they need a bonafide high-level 2C. Someone that can carry a line (like a Lindholm or JEE). Without it, the Avs are not serious contenders.

HFAvs early in the season:

“Just wait until playoff Johansen.”

HFAvs today:

“Johansen is so bad that he’s increasing the workloads of everyone else and now playoff Johansen is moot.”

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
HFAvs early in the season:

“Just wait until playoff Johansen.”

HFAvs today:

“Johansen is so bad that he’s increasing the workloads of everyone else and now playoff Johansen is moot.”
I don't think there is such a thing as playoff RyJo. There's only useless broken down RyJo. I do think the Avs are overplaying Mack's line as a result of no other options.

They need to get a 2C.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

I quite sure Habs try hard to sign Monahan first. He's good character veteran for our young players, good influence on them. Monahan has high hockey smarts and hard worker.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
A first for mony?

Habs don't need so many picks. If we were a competitive team we would never trade mony for a 1rst unless he wants out

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Enough with these half measure centers. We need a real #2C not someone we will cross our fingers to become one. Lindholm should absolutely be the priority for CMac if we're spending our 1st or a prospect like Ritchie.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Enough with these half measure centers. We need a real #2C not someone we will cross our fingers to become one. Lindholm should absolutely be the priority for CMac if we're spending our 1st or a prospect like Ritchie.
1st and Ritchie.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
1st and Ritchie.
At this point I think I would do it and let's try to dump RyJo please. Not that I think Ritchie will bust but hard to trust our drafting past 10th pick lately. I'm not much of salary cap calculator so don't know if we would be able to fit and sign him though.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
A first for mony?

Habs don't need so many picks. If we were a competitive team we would never trade mony for a 1rst unless he wants out
Me and you did this last year, it was no then and no now

At this point I think I would do it and let's try to dump RyJo please. Not that I think Ritchie will bust but hard to trust our drafting past 10th pick lately. I'm not much of salary cap calculator so don't know if we would be able to fit and sign him though.
Did you not see Montreal fans say he’s not playing center much and he’s not playing well. You’re fired as the gm if you trade him

1st and Ritchie.
Only if you’re sending Montreal first this year and next year

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014

Did you not see Montreal fans say he’s not playing center much and he’s not playing well. You’re fired as the gm if you trade him

Are you nuts if you think I would be willing to trade more than a 1st for Monahan? I was talking about Lindholm.

Reactions: lionsDen

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

N/m

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Would have to think Rantenen would be coming back the other way, that’s what H4BSxG0AT would say at least.

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
Given the valuations from Habs fans on Zegras in the Zegras to MTL thread I think the Avs would be better off trading for Zegras themselves. Wouldn't cost much more than what the Habs want for Monahan.

Reactions: Linds and lionsDen

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Given the valuations from Habs fans on Zegras in the Zegras to MTL thread I think the Avs would be better off trading for Zegras themselves. Wouldn't cost much more than what the Habs want for Monahan.
If you take the worst takes in all threads, of course you can reach wild conclusions...

Reactions: Miller Time

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Monahan today is worth more than Lek was back then...

So figure that 2nd + recent late 1st prospect is the starting point & then add from there.

• Haha
Reactions: Azrael89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad