Post-Game Talk: Mon, Oct. 14th, 5pm ET: The Return of Andre´ B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
So if we don't have AHL (at best)-level goaltending, we seem to be pretty good.

Obvious problem has been obvious for Braden's last few games. It's now glaring and undeniable - similar to what resulted in Grubby becoming our starter in the Cup year. Hopefully Braden finds a way to snap out of it again, but he needs to sit and regroup

Reactions: Calicaps

Jun 15, 2007
It would've an absolutely crazy decision at the time but imagine if BM traded Holtby instead of Grubauer.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
You guys are overreacting a bit. Its what? Game 7 of the season?

Some players are looking more like shit at the moment. Yeah.

Encouraging to see 21 and 28 tried with Eller this early.
Although 62 and 14 better to start play.

Vrana is absent too btw.

Reactions: HSHS

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Also, Kuzy will play with Ovi soon I think.

And about Jensen. Poor guy. If only he had some more Niskanen in him he would be fan favorite for 2,5M per season... But he isn't that good physically and defensively. That's why he signed for f***ing 2,5M in the first place. That 2RD slot is not filled properly for now. But there is no solution atm most probably.

PS: Siege... Well, its better to mess up now than later. I dont think Fever would be invincible at 1st pair LD either. Rarely happen. At least both are having lots of TOI.

Reactions: HSHS

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
I think GMBM has to be to blame in part for Holtby the last couple of years because the drop-off in Holtby has been clearly related to the departure of Mitch Korn and Scott Murray being handed the reigns as full time goalie coach. I'm not saying Scott is bad or not deserving of the job, but it does seem like he and Holtby haven't found magic together that works. Korn was brought back to more day-to-day duties in the weeks leading up to the Cup run, and Holtby's play improved markedly to the point he not only won the starter job back, but was our cup-winning goalie.

GMBM may not have had much choice over losing Korn last year to NYI (although, let's be honest, Korn would still be in the organisation if Trotz was). But banking on Scott Murray to get the job done with Holtby, after that first year, was risky. And having had another sub-par year with Murray, GMBM should realise Holtby isn't going to rebound this year without a new voice.

Bring in another consultant, or a deputy. Move Murray to another position. Replace Holtby as starter. Do something. But this isn't working.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
And its one thing to mention.. Locker said it started with Ovi hit. Sorry. But both Leipsic and Hathaway started it. And that first line followed. Now Ovi's crush was an awesome slam dunk to keep momentum rolling. But make no mistake on who sparked it.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
So we are going to get a PP sometime and I bet it'll be soon while its 4-2. And its then when you need the PP to be solid and keep the pressure even if they don't score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad