Molodezhnaya Hokkeinaya Liga (MHL) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Thanks for the link, I was talking about that.

So Kaurnakov leaves MHL, even though I was certain he said he wasn't going to before, Kashtanov also leaves.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Setdikov and Mitrofanov look great out there for Tolpar, so do there D-men. I think they look like the best team in the tourney right now.

Quick Q, how do you guys feel about the level of MHL compared to other teams based on this tournament? The MHL teams have beat both CDN and US teams and have done so in prior years as well. I feel that the level of MHL play has gotten progressively stronger in the past year. Compared to the first year, I still remember the first game when Avitsyn dominated -the level looked quite low. Now it seems that the level is on par skill wise with Major junior, at least the top half of the league.

On a spate note is this a fair representation of the rosters, Mitrofanov and Sedtikov are likely to be VHL this year so maybe tournament team was artificially bolstered?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Setdikov and Mitrofanov look great out there for Tolpar, so do there D-men. I think they look like the best team in the tourney right now.

Quick Q, how do you guys feel about the level of MHL compared to other teams based on this tournament? The MHL teams have beat both CDN and US teams and have done so in prior years as well. I feel that the level of MHL play has gotten progressively stronger in the past year. Compared to the first year, I still remember the first game when Avitsyn dominated -the level looked quite low. Now it seems that the level is on par skill wise with Major junior, at least the top half of the league.

On a spate note is this a fair representation of the rosters, Mitrofanov and Sedtikov are likely to be VHL this year so maybe tournament team was artificially bolstered?

Also russian teams were practicing way longer.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Don't know if anyone else noticed but here is a potential benefit of the KHL draft. Drafting guys from non-traditional hockey markets. It worked for Spartak, who then traded to Atlant. Is one of the top D prospects his age in the country (RU) next to Platonov:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=244509

What has KHL draft to do with his development? He was playing in Russia long before he was taken in the draft.

Babula

May 31, 2012
i see sokolov has his first hat-trick. not bad for a 16 old. I wonder if it's some kind of record

can I find him on eliteprospects.com or something ? or clue, for what club is he playing (Omsk)... his first name helps a much. Dmitri born 1998 is that him ? Wow, has he 96KG = 212 lbs ? What a monster...

Last edited:

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Who is his opponent in battle for number one pick in NHL 2016 draft ? (Sean Day is a defenseman, I guess...)
cant's say for the other countries, but in russia he and vitaly abramov are two guys to watch. they clearly are two best russians for 1998 year. abramov is pretty small, though.

Eugene85

Jan 25, 2010
Russia
i see sokolov has his first hat-trick. not bad for a 16 old. I wonder if it's some kind of record
Something like that. I remember that Grigorenko scored a hat-trick. But it was the last game of the season, in march, I believe.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Who is his opponent in battle for number one pick in NHL 2016 draft ? (Sean Day is a defenseman, I guess...)

Jesse Puljujarvi
Sean Day
Jacob Chychrun
Patrick Laine
Michael McLeod
Dante Fabbro
Tyler Benson
Chad Krys
Auston Matthews
Alex Nylander
Sam Steel
Tyson Jost
..... I can name a few other name .... they all can be No1 because 2016 is far... But Sokolov is in the talk yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad