Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
1- Chicago - W- P.Kane
2- Philadelphia - W- J.Van Riemsdyk
3- Phoneix - C- K.Turris
4- Los Angeles - D- K.Alzner
5- Washington - C-S.Gagner
6- Edmonton - W- J.Voracek
7- Columbus - D- K.Ellerby ( Very tough time with that pick.)
8- Boston - C- A.Esposito
9- St-Louis - C- L.Couture
10- Florida - W- A.Cerepanov
11- Carolina - D- R.Mcdonagh
12- Montreal - C- L.Eller
13- Toronto - C- M.Backlund
14- Colorado - D- N.Petrecki
15- Edmonton - D- K.Shattenkirk
16- Anaheim - C- C.Gillies
17- New-York R - C- Z.Hamil
18- Calgary - C- B.Sutter
19- Minnesota - W- O.Moller
20- Pitsburgh - W- M.Pacioretty
21- Phoneix - W- B.Sweat
22- Montreal - D- T.Hickey
23- Nashville - W- M.Mayorov
24- St-Louis - W- B.McLean
25- Vancouver - W- D.Perron
26- St-Louis - W- L.MacMillan
27- Detroit - D- B.Smith
28- Washington - W- S.hjalmarsson
29- Ottawa - D- A.Plante
30- Edmonton - D- T.Cross

HM:
P.White
D.Tyrell
J.Andersson
J.Blum
What you think?

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
very good mock all around but some blemishes IMO

-I dont think macmillan should be a 1st, instead replace him with either Tyrell or Repik
-Also Maclean is a little low, but i shoudlnt be talking cause i had him 30th in mine

and also i am a columbus fan and you had said that it was a tough pick. i like ellerby, but i would be much happier with Couture if the top 6 goes like that

very, very good though, that is how the 1st round, essentially, should go

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
very good mock all around but some blemishes IMO

-I dont think macmillan should be a 1st, instead replace him with either Tyrell or Repik
-Also Maclean is a little low, but i shoudlnt be talking cause i had him 30th in mine

and also i am a columbus fan and you had said that it was a tough pick. i like ellerby, but i would be much happier with Couture if the top 6 goes like that

very, very good though, that is how the 1st round, essentially, should go

It's a though one because I do feel the best player available is Cerepanov, but with Zherdev being a more than a big problem, will Columbus go with Cerepanov? Then the Best player availble for me would be either Couture or Esposito but no one can overlook the lack of D-man in Columbus. I like their overall depth on offence. With their last 2 years 1st round pick being Brule and Brassard time to look for other position at the draft starts to be a need. They traded their 2005 d-man prospect to Boston. Ellerby would fill a team organization need and do have a high potential.

I would like to add that I would not be suprise if they go with McDonagh. I did not have the gut to put him there but maybe I should of because it would really suprise me.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
personally, i think Blum will go in first round... I like Perron to Nucks, very good job, better than the one i made today hahah

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
It's a though one because I do feel the best player available is Cerepanov, but with Zherdev being a more than a big problem, will Columbus go with Cerepanov? Then the Best player availble for me would be either Couture or Esposito but no one can overlook the lack of D-man in Columbus. I like their overall depth on offence. With their last 2 years 1st round pick being Brule and Brassard time to look for other position at the draft starts to be a need. They traded their 2005 d-man prospect to Boston. Ellerby would fill a team organization need and do have a high potential.

I would like to add that I would not be suprise if they go with McDonagh. I did not have the gut to put him there but maybe I should of because it would really suprise me.

yea, i think we're a little spooked of picking another russian with a top 10 pick again. but i think we can get a better d man, i hope Brennan, in the second round than a forward, so i would like to draft a forward with the 1st pick and a d man with our second pick, or drafting a d man first and somehow getting another 1st rounder to draft a forward like Eller

Personally i think Mcdonagh will be better than Ellerby. they are both very raw talent, but Mcdonagh is bigger (not taller) than Ellerby, but that will change. Mcdonagh is younger than Ellerby though, and he put up better offensive numbers this year. I think if he could put up those numbers at his age, the sky's the limit when he gets older

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
You know what, if no one ''slips'' on draft day. I would see Columbus either trading up to 4th with LA to take Alzner, LA settle for Cerepanov to go along Frolov OR Columbus would become my most likely to move down for 2 more 1st round pick. In one mock draft I traded the 12th and 22nd for the 7th. In a deal like this one for example, Columbus could take a good foward at 12 and get a good D-man at 22nd like Plante, Hickey or Cross and still aim for a Brennan with the 2nd round pick. That would be an ideal draft for CLB. With Alzner gone at 7th with no one ''slipping'', I just don't feel confortable for Columbus at 7th, kinda a bad feeling of picking someone there.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
You know what, if no one ''slips'' on draft day. I would see Columbus either trading up to 4th with LA to take Alzner, LA settle for Cerepanov to go along Frolov OR Columbus would become my most likely to move down for 2 more 1st round pick. In one mock draft I traded the 12th and 22nd for the 7th. In a deal like this one for example, Columbus could take a good foward at 12 and get a good D-man at 22nd like Plante, Hickey or Cross and still aim for a Brennan with the 2nd round pick. That would be an ideal draft for CLB. With Alzner gone at 7th with no one ''slipping'', I just don't feel confortable for Columbus at 7th, kinda a bad feeling of picking someone there.

the 12th and the 22nd for the 7th would be a great deal, at least for us. at that point Eller would still be there and the possibility of Backlund or maybe Couture, but i think Eller will be one of the best of this draft, similar to Kopitar, but I'd be too chicken to take him at 7. and with the 22nd, Mcdonagh, Hickey, Plante, and Shattenkirk could maybe still be there, but I would still take Brennan just to be sure. But if Gagner, Voracek, and Alzner are gone by our pick, you have yourself a deal.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
the 12th and the 22nd for the 7th would be a great deal, at least for us. at that point Eller would still be there and the possibility of Backlund or maybe Couture, but i think Eller will be one of the best of this draft, similar to Kopitar, but I'd be too chicken to take him at 7. and with the 22nd, Mcdonagh, Hickey, Plante, and Shattenkirk could maybe still be there, but I would still take Brennan just to be sure. But if Gagner, Voracek, and Alzner are gone by our pick, you have yourself a deal.

Easy easy;), no way I would do this. The only reason I did it in the mock draft was because Van Riemsdyk was still there. But it would a great move for Columbus. The only way I see the Habs doing this is if they are very very high on Esposito or are very confortable with Cerepanov and with Yemelin turning his back to us, I don't see this being the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad