MNHSL Season Point Record in Jeopardy

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
For some reason the old Minnesota HS thread doesn't work anymore, so I thought this might be a good way to start a replacement thread.

The points leader (Jared Festler) has 72 points in 17 games with 9 regular season games remaining. The old record is 111 by a kid that really didn't go on to do great things in hockey.

The stats (last game missing - 6 points)...

http://www.geocities.com/dent0110/scoring2007regular.html

The records...

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/records.asp?actnum=410

Festler is a junior and is '08 draft eligible. He's a St. Cloud State recruit, but won't be considered as a high-end NHL prospect. He should be a solid D1 player though.

BTW, the state last 6 points leaders were...

2006 - Nate Breden - Silver Bay
2005 - T.J. Oshie - Warroad
2004 - Tom Gorowsky - Cenntenial
2003 - Ben Gordon - International Falls
2002 - Gino Guyer - Greenway

Breden didn't really go anywhere. Oshie, of course, is a first round draft pick and is playing for North Dakota. Gorowsky is playing for Wisconsin. Gordon and Guyer are and were Gophers.

Blindside

Jan 14, 2007
Minnesota
Is Festler playing juniors next year? I think it would be best for him to get away from that soft schedule that Little Falls plays. I hope they walk through that section and get to state so I can see him and Hanowski play.

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
Is Festler playing juniors next year? I think it would be best for him to get away from that soft schedule that Little Falls plays. I hope they walk through that section and get to state so I can see him and Hanowski play.
I'm guessing with certainty... yes. He's due to play for SCSU in '08, and there's no way Motzko's taking a kid directly from Little Falls to the WCHA. Some other high schools maybe, but not Little Falls.

If that happens, I'd look for the younger Hanowski to bolt as well. The elder Hanowski would probably stay at LF for his senior year.

Just guesses, but I'd put money on them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad