OT: MN High School Hockey Thread

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
You think the perfect Jefferson team 93(?) w three future NHLers could have beat D1 s back then?
The BJ's.....another team I loved to hate. I can recall biting my tongue so hard at that championship game in 94. Was only 14....not allowed to curse yet in public yet. :laugh: The late 80's and early 90's....their fans took over like the freaking plague at those games.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
The BJ's.....another team I loved to hate. I can recall biting my tongue so hard at that championship game in 94. Was only 14....not allowed to curse yet in public yet. :laugh: The late 80's and early 90's....their fans took over like the freaking plague at those games.
It is honestly sad to see what has happened to their program.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
If USA u18 can beat D1 teams, I see no reason that Jeff team couldn't. They were that good. Best HS team ever, or one of em

But realistically only a handful of those jefferson kids would have been good enough to make a us u18 team. The other problem is you have several stud underclassmen on jefferson that would never be as good as the best of the best u18 players in the country.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Not that perfect Jeff team. I'm sorry, but agree to disagree.
I'm as big a fan of Minnesota high school hockey as anyone, but you're severely overrating the quality of play here.
They were OUTSTANDING in terms of HS hockey, no doubt about it, their top line could compete, their top D pair could as well, but compared to a national all star team? They'd be facing 4 lines of their top line caliber, 3 D pairs the caliber of their top pair.

They were Hella deep by HS standards, but not at all by US U18 standards.

I loved watching that Jags team when I was in high school. They were a treat to watch, but gotta keep things in perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad