MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Three counts of assault and one criminal misconduct. Flies private with a bunch of guys to do this, possibly on drugs.

Might end up pretty bad for him, even before the civil suits and possible UFC&NYSAC penalties.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Wasn't Dee there filming the whole thing? (Legit question, I read somewhere that she was.)

Yeah she was there, you can see her in some of the videos. Unless it was someone that looks like her, but I doubt it.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Three counts of assault and one criminal misconduct. Flies private with a bunch of guys to do this, possibly on drugs.

Might end up pretty bad for him, even before the civil suits and possible UFC&NYSAC penalties.

Good chance his Visa is gonna be revoked if he gets convicted.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Amidst all this stupid crap McGregor started, now Garbrandt is getting his instant rematch after all.

WTF lol. Garbrandt was stopped via punches and lost in his first title defense. TJ had to chase a shot at the belt after losing a razor close split decision.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Amidst all this stupid crap McGregor started, now Garbrandt is getting his instant rematch after all.

WTF lol. Garbrandt was stopped via punches and lost in his first title defense. TJ had to chase a shot at the belt after losing a razor close split decision.

In fairness, Garbrandt did nearly end that fight in the first. Full credit to TJ for weathering the storm and coming back strong in the second though. And they tried several times to get other matches for Dillishaw including DJ. At this point, who else makes sense? Maybe Cruz?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

So they were close to an agreement on a contract and were planning on announcing his return at the big press conference today but then he lost his damn mind and now who knows when he'll return. This part of the article is interesting:

Once that fight was booked, another plan discussed was to book Conor McGregor vs. Rafael dos Anjos for the interim welterweight title in the spring, though McGregor and the UFC had to come to terms on a new contract first.

Conor would obviously love to say he won titles in three different weight classes but I'm a little surprised they'd be willing to set up a Woodley fight. Woodley walks around at over 200 lbs and I don't think that fight would go well at all for Conor.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Woodley would DESTROY Conor.

I really think he did irreparable damage here. He's gonna be the villain moving forward, and that'll be fine for one fight (presumably against Khabib), but after Khabib embarrasses him he's gonna be in trouble. The villain role works if you're winning. If you're coming off a decisive loss (and this incident) your brand takes a HUGE hit.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
In fairness, Garbrandt did nearly end that fight in the first. Full credit to TJ for weathering the storm and coming back strong in the second though. And they tried several times to get other matches for Dillishaw including DJ. At this point, who else makes sense? Maybe Cruz?
lol

The rivalry part can't be going as strong as we thought.

They just talked copious amounts of crap to each other in the 25th presser but then....
Cody-TJ.gif

Come on guys. Never break Kayfabe

Reactions: LSCII

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Is any one registered on sherdog ?

Wanted to post some graphics and registered an account but it’s been a week and account isn’t approved. Any idea?

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007

Wanted to post some graphics and registered an account but it’s been a week and account isn’t approved. Any idea?
I'm on there. Signed up years ago but I definitely don't remember it taking a week.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Bellator 197 averaged only 242k viewers on Paramount. It was simulcasted on CMT where it averaged 161k viwers. Combined it barely broke 400k.

I'm sure the Fedor/Mir card is going to be up there, probably in the 750-850k range, maybe get lucky and break 1 million. The main card does look intriguing overall.

But I think it's fair to say already that the rebrand of Spike has not done Bellator any favours. I can't imagine Viacom was expecting ratings like these. Not sure how it effects their bottom line since they own both the promotion and the channel.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
^^^ And I believe TUF had its worst series opener ever. I hate to say it but MMA is slowly dying. You can even see it on this forum. And I don't mean that it'll completely die, but the decline will continue a bit and then it'll steady off with just the really hardcore fans. It's really unfortunate because 5-7 years ago things looked very promising.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The U
^^^ And I believe TUF had its worst series opener ever. I hate to say it but MMA is slowly dying. You can even see it on this forum. And I don't mean that it'll completely die, but the decline will continue a bit and then it'll steady off with just the really hardcore fans. It's really unfortunate because 5-7 years ago things looked very promising.

The UFC has a chance to save it with their next TV deal, but I have zero confidence that they will.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

You've had an account there since 2009. Same username and registration email address as here. Message me if you need password reset.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Neither looked great but Fedor really has some power. I know Mir has been stopped plenty of times but it's usually from an accumulation of shots. This finish actually looked very similar to the Fedor-Hendo fight. Mir definitely hurt him early with one of those top of the ear shots but Fedor recovered extremely quickly. Gonna be very interesting to see how Sonnen approaches the fight. Crazy to think he'll soon have Anderson 2x, Jones, and Fedor on his resume.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
both fighters should hang them up for good.

I hate watching once great athletes holding on to the sport too long and looking mediocre.

This especially goes for combat sports, where there are so many images of once dominant fighters sprawled out bloodied on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad