MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I've never seen Nickal fight. Y'all got me excited now lol.
Oh he seems to be a really good prospect- hasn’t been challenged much yet- but this is more so Brundage sucking lol

He slammed the last kid he thought through the mat but something tells me he won’t do that to Nickal. Fight before he “won” by getting dominated in wrestling and hit with an illegal knee

Reactions: Taytro

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Random information of the day...

Referees with the most UFC assignments for 2023:

1- Mark Smith 65
2- Herb Dean 57
3- Marc Goddard 56
4- Jason Herzog 54
5- Chris Tognoni 53
6- Keith Peterson 46
7- Kerry Hatley 26
8- Big Dan 22
9- Jacob Montalvo 13

First time Mark Smith has led the group in fights.

To me you can't give Goddard or Herzog enough assignments I rarely find myself having any issues with them.

Source:

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I wonder if McGregor actually has it in him to show well. The guy's admitted pretty freely that he's partying.. a lot. I dunno. I just think it's a gimmick to make money and stroke his own ego. He's not serious about the fight game anymore. The moment I felt that way about him.. I no longer want any of his nonsense.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Lots of content on the future of One today...

Some reading if you're interested:

And they lost a fighter to PFL today

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Looking around and I'm hearing Alex Pereira in many people's "Fighter of the Year" mix. What am I missing here? Gets knocked out by Adesanya, squeaks out a split decision v Jan, and then knocks out Jiri. I mean that's a good year but he's not even close to being in the mix for something like this when you get knocked out like that.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1703896568451.png

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Why are some MMA fans so mad about Nina blowing up this year? I especially don’t understand why people compare her to actual journalists like Ariel or Okamoto, she’s a content creator, not a journalist. Don’t really care for her content but people going on tangents about how she’s what’s wrong with MMA “journalism” despite not even being or claiming to be a journalist makes no sense to me

Reactions: CDJ and m9

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Why are some MMA fans so mad about Nina blowing up this year? I especially don’t understand why people compare her to actual journalists like Ariel or Okamoto, she’s a content creator, not a journalist. Don’t really care for her content but people going on tangents about how she’s what’s wrong with MMA “journalism” despite not even being or claiming to be a journalist makes no sense to me
Who?

Reactions: bov and VanillaCoke

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Archuleta missed by 6 pounds (claims he’s sick), been stripped of his belt. Kai accepted to fight him anyways but a rehydration clause has been added to where the fight will be off if Archuleta can’t make 150 lb an hour before the fight

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Because people just want to bitch about everything. It's not journalism she's putting out silly interviews with fighters content is king these days... I only see stuff when the UFC promotes it on their social media but even then I just scroll right past it. Don't like like it don't watch it's pretty simple lol it's not for me but it is for others so whatever helps fighters get more exposure I guess is a good thing.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Conor says it's at 185lb, which would be ridiculous.

Also report out there is Edwards/Belal at 300. I'm fine with that, assuming it's the co-main at best.

185!? God damn he really did abuse HGH following his leg break lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad