Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team - Revs clinch playoff spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Liverpool goalkeeper needs to be "designated for assignment". If he was South American, he would be fearing his life right now.

Reactions: nhldream

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Revolution back at it tonight hosting Atlanta United FC @ Gillette (8 pm, ESPN +);

ALSO, MLS adds 26th franchise in 2019, promoting FC Cincinnati from the USL, has no bearing of the dispute involving the Columbus Crew SC

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Cool to see Sargent and Weah get their first NT goals the other night. There is a lot of bright young talent in the US system. Now we just have to hope that the lowers that be don’t f*** up the development.

Fleeing to Europe has done wonders for some of our young guys.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

BiggioRainesHOF

May 19, 2017
Cool to see Sargent and Weah get their first NT goals the other night. There is a lot of bright young talent in the US system. Now we just have to hope that the lowers that be don’t **** up the development.

Fleeing to Europe has done wonders for some of our young guys.

Agreed, and hopefully we'll see more Pulisic's who find their way to Champions League clubs.

My opinion at least, is that MLS will be a terrible developmental league for American players as long as it tries to be more like the NHL/NBA rather than like say the Eredivisie or Liga Mx.

In essence, watching an MLS game is essentially asking big markets to care about the AHL playoffs. Now that you can turn on NBC Sports or Fox and catch the Premier League, the Champions League, Bundesliga, etc.

29 teams is ridiculous for the top level of American soccer. But MLS owners have "bought in" to the top level, so relegation is out, and there could be a ton of interesting outcomes to having a major American league with relegation, but alas.

/rant over.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I really wish I could get into the MLS. I tried a few times, but I just can't.

I was bitter about Italy the US being out of the world cup, but I am starting to get excited regardless.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore

I was bitter about Italy the US being out of the world cup, but I am starting to get excited regardless.

I’m in the same boat as you. My dads grandparents immigrated from Italy, my moms from Ireland, and obviously I’m American, so I was down on the World Cup for a minute. But it’s almost impossible once we get to about two weeks away to not get excited about this. It should be a good tournament despite the teams not in it.

In the brackets I did, I got Brazil-France-Spain-Germany in the final four. If that happens, I don’t see how this is a tournament you can’t get excited about.

Reactions: TP

BiggioRainesHOF

May 19, 2017

Same, I like the concept of professional soccer in the US, I can't stand the execution with MLS and the Revs in general. Honestly, and enterprising owner could make them 2nd class citizens in the area pretty easily, even with a stadium a 3rd the capacity of Gillette.

I'm getting excited as well, it's easier when you're a mutt and can pick from several nationalities (Portugal, Switzerland, England) or players from your favorite club are on the roster (Belgium, Columbia).

Reactions: TP

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
People think managing the Red Sox, Yankees, Habs and Maple Leafs is pressure.......they have absolutely nothing on Madrid and Barca.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
My World Cup Tickets arrived...FAN ID arrived. Flights in and out of Russia all booked.

I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED.

Depressed the US isn't in it, and a little sad I couldn't figure out how to get my preferred match (Argentina v Iceland. Could've gotten game tickets but not a hotel/affordable flights).

That being said, I get to watch a Knockout Round match. Trying to figure out what my preferred matchup would be...

Russia v Portugal would be neat (host country, Ronaldo), but Egypt would be cool...as would Uruguay (and of course, as would Spain).

No matter what, it should be a cool match.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
My World Cup Tickets arrived...FAN ID arrived. Flights in and out of Russia all booked.

I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED.

Depressed the US isn't in it, and a little sad I couldn't figure out how to get my preferred match (Argentina v Iceland. Could've gotten game tickets but not a hotel/affordable flights).

That being said, I get to watch a Knockout Round match. Trying to figure out what my preferred matchup would be...

Russia v Portugal would be neat (host country, Ronaldo), but Egypt would be cool...as would Uruguay (and of course, as would Spain).

I’m guessing you’ll get Uruguay-Portugal, which would be awesome. If Portugal has a post-Euros let down, even Uruguay-Morocco has the potential to be a multiple goal thriller. Spain-Uruguay would seem unlikely. I don’t see any way Uruguay doesn’t win group A.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I’m guessing you’ll get Uruguay-Portugal, which would be awesome. If Portugal has a post-Euros let down, even Uruguay-Morocco has the potential to be a multiple goal thriller. Spain-Uruguay would seem unlikely. I don’t see any way Uruguay doesn’t win group A.

But my match is Winner Group B vs Runner Up Group A. So I don't think I'll see Uruguay, because I agree with you. They're taking Group A barring a massive disappointment.

If Salah is healthy I can see Egypt beating out Russia for 2nd in the group.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya

I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED.

Where in Russia are you traveling? If you are in Moscow give me a shout

I only have tickets for one game, England vs Tunisia in Volgograd, my friend from Canada is coming and he is a big England fan. I also want to go to Volgograd to see Russia's giant WW2 monument.
Mother-Russia-Volgograd-e991d56a272a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: