Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team IV - Revolution hire Caleb Porter as new head coach

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Pulisic has the USMNT up 1-0 over Mexico at the intermission. US was pretty dominant in the first half, should probably be ahead by at least another goal.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Pulisic scores again less than 90 seconds into the 2nd half. USMNT 2-0 Mexico

For what it's worth, something to keep in mind when you talk about potential USMNT managers is that the US Soccer Federation has to pay their women's coach the same as they pay their men's coach. So, even if someone like a Thierry Henry or a Patrick Vieira wanted the job (...and they both expressed interest), would they take the job for the kind of money the USSF could afford to pay them?

Still, the internet memes this has already generated are excellent.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
First the Mexican team gets embarrassed on the field, and now the Mexican fans are embarrassing themselves in the stands with a homophobic chant.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Red Card to the USMNT's Sergino Dest. 10 vs 9.

UPDATE: Red Card to Mexico. 9 vs 9.

UPDATE: We've gone Full CONCACAF. NEVER go Full CONCACAF.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
...and the game gets called five minutes early because Mexican fans refuse to stop their homophobic chant. Also saw lasers being pointed at Matt Turner.

Gross.

USMNT advances to the Final on Sunday against a very good Canadian team.

It's Nation's League. Who gives a turkey? Call me when the US can finally be decent in the World Cup.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I can't believe Berhalter is back.

The game vs Mexico was highly entertaining and our boys looked good. Great win.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
It's Nation's League. Who gives a turkey? Call me when the US can finally be decent in the World Cup.
It's always good to beat Mexico. It's even better to thrash them.

I'm not sure how much better the USMNT can reasonably be expected to be in the World Cup. The number of countries that have advanced to the knockout rounds in four of the past six tournaments is probably pretty small.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Finals of the CONCACAF Nations League is underway in Las Vegas, and the USMNT already has a 1-0 lead over Canada, courtesy of a Chris Richards goal from a Gio Reyna corner kick.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Finals of the CONCACAF Nations League is underway in Las Vegas, and the USMNT already has a 1-0 lead over Canada, courtesy of a Chris Richards goal from a Gio Reyna corner kick.
Enjoy Renya while we can before Berhalter is back unfortunately and I hate that guy.

Last edited:

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Enjoy Renya while we can become Berhalter is back unfortunately and I hate that guy.
My guess/hope is that someone with the USSF talked to Gio about Berhalter before he was hired.

Speaking of which... Reyna sets up Folarin Balogun for his first National Team goal. USMNT now up 2-0 over Canada approaching halftime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad