MLS 2015 Season Part 4: The Champions League Beat Downening

Status
Not open for further replies.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Did anyone think DC had a chance? That team wasn't even that good last year, and they are certainly not any better right now with some of the losses they have from last year's team.

The galaxy have the best shot at winning this thing. The sounders really messed up their chance by drawing 2-2 at home.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
The galaxy are done:(

Haven't watched any of the game, but from the sounds of it the defense still needs work. I'm not all too surprised since it's a whole new backline, but I thought we had the best chance to advance out of all the MLS teams.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
I predict TFC wins the cup this year

Do you mean this...
200px-Thevoyageurscup.jpg

...cup??

They don't look that improved to even challenge for MLS cup.

Giovinco can score a lot. But their defense is what kills them.

redmosquito

Jun 9, 2013
NC/ME
Perry Kitchen rumored to be signing with Hearts in the SPFL. Love Scottish football but piss off Perry.

I know it's still basically preseason, but god DC has been bad these past two games. At least there was a little ambition in that first leg, but last night was dire. 0 incisiveness, midfield looked lost. Not such a bold prediction but this team will regress hard this season. At least LA got smacked so they have no momentum going into this weekend.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Perry Kitchen rumored to be signing with Hearts in the SPFL. Love Scottish football but piss off Perry.

I know it's still basically preseason, but god DC has been bad these past two games. At least there was a little ambition in that first leg, but last night was dire. 0 incisiveness, midfield looked lost. Not such a bold prediction but this team will regress hard this season. At least LA got smacked so they have no momentum going into this weekend.

Based on these tweets, either they didn't care or they are butt hurt that they lost.:laugh:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Gerrard is a total disaster.

As a Liverpool hater...**** that guy. I can't wait until he retires and gets the **** outta LA. He's added nothing, not even on set pieces.

dos Santos isn't much better...

The defensive line has potential, but has been a mess early on.

Zardes has been in neutral for the better part of a calendar year now...

This team just isn't that good. Too many players, not enough places for those players to play, and none of them have shown the ability to adapt. This is going to be a rough year in LA. There's certainly the potential for things to turn around, I think de Jong is going to be a beast in this league, but right now this is a bubble playoff team at best. All of this offensive talent and the only guy who has shown any ability to finish through the Champions League and pre-season is Jose Villarreal, who is buried on the depth chart.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ

Based on these tweets, either they didn't care or they are butt hurt that they lost.:laugh:

These two tweets are a disgrace, kind of like the English with the Europa League. At the end of the day the fans are still paying to watch these games, and to blow it off like that is...:shakehead

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
These two tweets are a disgrace, kind of like the English with the Europa League. At the end of the day the fans are still paying to watch these games, and to blow it off like that is...:shakehead

i think you're looking too much into it...I'm sure the players are upset to lose, the social media teams are based on humor (or trying) and getting web hits.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
That Galaxy tweet infuriated me and they got destroyed by the supporters' groups for it.

The United one isn't much better.

The social media teams aren't the players...but they are part of the organization and it's embarrassing that anyone in the organization would treat this so lightly.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
What needs to be fixed is the scheduling. This is preseason for MLS teams. New players and new faces being thrown into a new league against teams that have been playing for the past several months. I mean it's not an excuse for the lackluster play shown by MLS teams, but there needs to some sort of compromise.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I'd like to see how the Impact prepared their CCL games last year vs how LAG and DC prepared this year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What needs to be fixed is the scheduling. This is preseason for MLS teams. New players and new faces being thrown into a new league against teams that have been playing for the past several months. I mean it's not an excuse for the lackluster play shown by MLS teams, but there needs to some sort of compromise.

I agree. The Mexican teams might not like it, but if this many MLS teams are going to constantly make it past the group stage, you can't inconvenience half the teams in the competition this much that they have to play these games before they'd start their regular season. That just doesn't seem appropriate.

Would that lead to better results for MLS teams? It might not, but at least play the games when most of the teams are in season.

I think the CCL should adopt a normal calendar year schedule. Group stage March-May, knockout stages September-November.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
RSL is the only team who can hold their heads up high. They actually played quite well in both legs, could/should have won the tie.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
They call it preseason, not wonder they fail...

IMFC seems to be the only MLS club to take the Champion's League seriously... Thank god I am a IMFC supporter.

In all Fairness its easy to take the Champions League seriously when, you happen to be one of the worst MLS teams that season.

But it was disappointing how the Caps used it last year, to get reserve players match fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad