MLD11 Signup

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Great to have you both aboard.

So my mass PM campaign didn't go so well - We're sitting at 11 entries which is still good for the MLD, but it's a bad number for having playoffs. (the best thing I can think of is to have one division, top-5 get a bye, the other six have a preliminary round to narrow the field to 8, and go from there)

So, I'm going to personally message a few of the GMs I was counting on, and see if I can convince at least one more to join. 13 and 15 are doable, but 12, 14, or 16 would be ideal, and either way, the more, the better!

I will update you guys later tonight, or early tomorrow with final confirmation that we're ready to roll, then I will post the draft thread.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I'll join as a rookie GM this year. I'd be willing to be a co-GM or try to run my own team (preferably not into the ground).

Sweet! It is a pleasure to finally have you here.

I'll put you down as your own team for now, but we can still change that based on your comfortability and whether we end up with an even or odd number of entries. Right now though, you brought us to 12.

What will your team name be? The Albany River Rats, perhaps?

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I`d be interested, my schedule is insane over the next month+ though, if someone wants to co-GM with me let me know and I`ll do it. If not I`ll have to pass.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I`d be interested, my schedule is insane over the next month+ though, if someone wants to co-GM with me let me know and I`ll do it. If not I`ll have to pass.

Well, I'd love to say "Great! We have 13 entries now." but then that gives us three who are potentially looking for co-GMs.

papershoes and TheDevilMadeMe are both interested in co-GMs, so you may want to PM them and set up a partnership.

OR, join as the 13th team and look to get a co-GM from somewhere else (it's just that this will be harder)

In short, we'd rather you started a new team than joined one, but we'd rather have you here than not at all.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Sweet! It is a pleasure to finally have you here.

I'll put you down as your own team for now, but we can still change that based on your comfortability and whether we end up with an even or odd number of entries. Right now though, you brought us to 12.

What will your team name be? The Albany River Rats, perhaps?

Well the name I usually use for my yahoo fantasy hockey teams is "Defenestrators," but for this one, I think I'll go with Trenton Devils.

papershoes

Dec 28, 2007
Kenora, Ontario
kruezer and i have joined forces for the mld...

and, in honour of the fantastic dave bidini (of rheostatics and hockey book fame), who i saw live this weekend in guelph, we have decided to name our team...

the toronto morningstars

long live beer league hockey

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Hey guys. My landlord, who happens to live upstairs, went to China for three months. She then proceeded to cancel her wireless internet for those three months. She sent me an email to tell me haha. So I can only get online two or three times a week so this won't be happening for me.

I'll try my best to be part of the top 100, though.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Excellent news, kruezer/papershoes.

I am waiting on one other guy from the Leafs boards and I'm going to PM transplanted caper to make absolutely sure that he's out. Then we can start!

We'll end up with 13 teams if the guy from the Leafs boards joins, but the more, the better.

Sorry to hear you can't make it, raleh. Just once, I'd like to see what a raleh-only team looks like.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I don't want to see another solo entry from raleh. I have too much fun working with him.

But I can tell you what you would see. A little more emphasis on toughness and defensive awareness, as opposed to two-way play, from the third and fourth lines, and more emphasis on defensive play, as opposed to mobility, aggression and puck-moving ability, from the defence. Yes, raleh probably emphasizes physical play even more than I do. (The bottom line with my teams is prevailing speed and aggression, and all forwards need to have legitimate offensive ability).

When is this thing starting? If it doesn't start pronto, I'm going to have to drop out.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
It will be starting today. So I believe that's still within your deadline of "before monday/tuesday" :)

I just received a message from the 13th man, and he's in. He goes by Communist Ninja at the slowly-dying Leafs boards and is another excellent ATD GM who has built a fantastic team.

He just signed up to hfboards and can't post yet but he's definitely in.

Really hoping we get a 14th guy so we can have two divisions of 7, but if not, no biggie.

Anyone else who wants in, has to do so ASAP. I'm on top of things here so this will get moving one way or another.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
One last thing: since my traditional partner in crime (raleh) is out, I'd be willing to have a different subordinate...er...uh....co-GM for the Weyburn Red Wings (preferably a rookie who needs the experience), as long as the co-GM understands that there will be one must-have pick. However, I'd only accept co-GM requests once we know how many teams we have (13 or 14).

I'm on holidays in two weeks, and my holiday plans include golf, horse racing, ball, trips to Gastown and Stanley Park, and visits to family favourite watering holes in the Langley, B.C., area. And I have a lot of work to do in advance.

I am willing to accept co-GM requests once the draft is underway.

A word of caution, though. As my fellow veteran GMs can attest, I am rather type A personality, and I know what I want. So if you aren't a fan of fast-skating, aggressive, hard-charging, hard-nosed hockey, I might not be the ally you're seeking.

Last edited:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Sorry to hear that, TC. The MLD will surely miss you.

And with that, all the irons we had in the fire are accounted for. There are 13 teams. This thread has served its purpose. I'll see you all in the MLD drafting thread.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
sexyness....man I've always wanted to work with GBC..but then again I could just beat him instead...hmm...(For those who don't know I talk alot of smack and then get bounced quickly)

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Can I join??

- Do you know how it works?

- Are you online every single day?

I won't lie, I'd like to see us get up to 16 teams, but I don't want to slow down the process by having someone in who doesn't fully know what they're getting into.

We have already started but we can squeeze you in as long as you're damn sure you want in. See the draft thread and read the rules before confirming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad