MLD11 Signup

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Let's do this!

I want to see the biggest MLD of all-time - let's go for 16 teams.

I'll start us off - I'm the Regina Capitals for the 3rd straight MLD.

If you do not confirm your interest in this thread within a few days, I assure you that a reminder PM will be sent. So just join here; it is less annoying that way.

GBC, Pit, VCL, Rzeznik, Jekyll, Evil Speaker, Spitfire, chaosrevolver, papershoes, Hedberg.... we're counting on all you guys!

Confirmed Entries:
1. Seventieslord - Regina Capitals
2. chaosrevolver - Belleville Bulls
3. Hedberg - Tidewater Sharks
4. galloglass11 - Idaho Steelheads
5. God Bless Canada - Weyburn Red Wings
6. papershoes & kruezer - Toronto Morningstars
7. Dreakmur & Leafs Forever - North Pole Dancers
8. Nalyd Psycho - Mighty Moose Of Manitoba
9. TheOneAndOnly & Chigurh - Kitchener Schmidts
10. Rzeznik - Amherst Ramblers
11. Zamboni Mania - Laval Titan
12. TheDevilMadeMe - Trenton Devils
13. Communist Ninja -

Unsure but didn't entirely rule it out:
Transplanted Caper

Last edited:

papershoes

Dec 28, 2007
Kenora, Ontario
consider me interested...

however, i'm not entirely sure how much time i'll have over the next little while so, a co-gm would be much appreciated.

cheers

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Not sure I'll have the time, but as a suggestion, it would be a good time to test run some new playoff voting ideas for the next ATD so we don't fall into the same rut.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
The Tidewater Sharks will return.

tidsha76.gif

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
When will this thing start? I'm on holidays in the Lower Mainland for a week-and-a-half in August (Lower Mainland GMs, meet me at Hastings Park race track on the 15th or the 16th for some high rollin' and some beers). I'm not going to be tied to the computer during my holiday. Horse racing, poker nights, barbecues, golf, maybe a little baseball - those will be priorities during my vacation.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Not sure I'll have the time, but as a suggestion, it would be a good time to test run some new playoff voting ideas for the next ATD so we don't fall into the same rut.

I agree.

When will this thing start? I'm on holidays in the Lower Mainland for a week-and-a-half in August (Lower Mainland GMs, meet me at Hastings Park race track on the 15th or the 16th for some high rollin' and some beers). I'm not going to be tied to the computer during my holiday. Horse racing, poker nights, barbecues, golf, maybe a little baseball - those will be priorities during my vacation.

I would like to start it right away. Just as soon as everyone has confirmed interest or ignored a couple days worth of PMs. Perhaps Saturday the 25th.

I may outsource the PM'ing to Pitseleh if he'll allow it, just because he can send the messages out to everyone at once, whereas I'm one by one, and only one per minute too. :(

So that would still give you three weeks to get all your important picks out of the way, and if the draft isn't over (and it might be, I like to run a fast draft) then you can always leave your "4th line and spares" list with me.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I agree.

I would like to start it right away. Just as soon as everyone has confirmed interest or ignored a couple days worth of PMs. Perhaps Saturday the 25th.

I may outsource the PM'ing to Pitseleh if he'll allow it, just because he can send the messages out to everyone at once, whereas I'm one by one, and only one per minute too. :(

So that would still give you three weeks to get all your important picks out of the way, and if the draft isn't over (and it might be, I like to run a fast draft) then you can always leave your "4th line and spares" list with me.
But I do have to get a lot of work done between now and my holiday so that I can take my holiday. And I'll be gone for most of the August long weekend for a community centennial bash, using my credentials to have some fun.

Give me 24 hours to evaluate the sched, to look at who's out there, and how many GBC-ites are available.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
I'd like to participate -- been following the ATD from afar for awhile and this will be a good way to get my feet wet.

Call my squad the Idaho Steelheads.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Sweet! A new GM. Good to have you, bro.

If you've been following the ATD from afar, I'm sure you understand that being in a draft takes a certain (not extreme) level of commitment. You should at least be checking in every day. If you won't be around to make a pick, you can leave a list. And if you are sure that you don't know who you want and know you'll be skipped, the polite thing to do (in the MLD, at least) is to just ask to be skipped.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
All right, as long as the draft starts within the next few days, say, before Monday or Tuesday, I'm in with the Weyburn Red Wings. I'll let you know soon whether or not I have a co-GM.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Good to have you guys aboard! You will enjoy it.

For everyone's information these two users who you have probably never seen before, are old buddies of mine from the leafs board that is being taken down in favour of a new NHL-sanctioned, ad-ridden board with 10 posts per page. They are currently in a 20-team ATD at that board that I am running (but not participating in) and they have one of the three best teams:

Anatoli Firsov - Stan Mikita - Charlie Conacher
Bun Cook - Mickey MacKay - Frank Foyston
Jack Walker - Bob Pulford - Frank Finnigan
Baldy Northcott - Frank McGee - Alf Smith

Pierre Pilote - Sylvio Mantha
Brian Leetch - Jimmy Thomson
Hap Day - Harvey Pulford

Glenn Hall
_______

Coach: Lester Patrick
Extras: _______, _______, _______

so watch out for them!

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Haha I've been on that board.....there was some brutal drafting if I'm thinking of the correct draft.

Anyway, welcome guys.

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
Haha I've been on that board.....there was some brutal drafting if I'm thinking of the correct draft.

Anyway, welcome guys.

http://chat.mapleleafs.com/index.php?act=idx

If it is the right board then hey, it was the first ATD there..cut some slack. I'd like to think things have improved in our ATD II. Of course if you're referring to ATD II..then, well, it's only our 2nd ATD :P

But thanks for the welcome.

detoxx

Nov 30, 2008
zad and I (detox) will sign up as co-gms if that's alright with you seventies

Anyway, welcome guys.

there was definitely some awful picks in that draft, messier went before Orr, and it was my team that drafted him LOL. but I didn't personally sign on as the gm of that team for a few rounds so cut us some slack :P

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
zad and I (detox) will sign up as co-gms if that's alright with you seventies

there was definitely some awful picks in that draft, messier went before Orr, and it was my team that drafted him LOL. but I didn't personally sign on as the gm of that team for a few rounds so cut us some slack :P

This be Zad. I confirm this partnership...if its cool with seventies

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
http://chat.mapleleafs.com/index.php?act=idx

If it is the right board then hey, it was the first ATD there..cut some slack. I'd like to think things have improved in our ATD II. Of course if you're referring to ATD II..then, well, it's only our 2nd ATD :P

But thanks for the welcome.
Lol, oh I know....and yes that was the draft. I'm more pointing out that whoever won got some pretty good gifts I'm guessing lol.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Lol, oh I know....and yes that was the draft. I'm more pointing out that whoever won got some pretty good gifts I'm guessing lol.

I won. And I did get a lot of gifts. Eddie Gerard, Fern Flaman, Doug Mohns, Dean Prentice, Joe Hall and Syd Howe come to mind.

But this was way back in the days of ATD9. I wasn't even that great back then. There are a few picks I'd do over, for sure.

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
Good to have you guys aboard! You will enjoy it.

For everyone's information these two users who you have probably never seen before, are old buddies of mine from the leafs board that is being taken down in favour of a new NHL-sanctioned, ad-ridden board with 10 posts per page. They are currently in a 20-team ATD at that board that I am running (but not participating in) and they have one of the three best teams:

Anatoli Firsov - Stan Mikita - Charlie Conacher
Bun Cook - Mickey MacKay - Frank Foyston
Jack Walker - Bob Pulford - Frank Finnigan
Baldy Northcott - Frank McGee - Alf Smith

Pierre Pilote - Sylvio Mantha
Brian Leetch - Jimmy Thomson
Hap Day - Harvey Pulford

Glenn Hall
_______

Coach: Lester Patrick
Extras: _______, _______, _______

so watch out for them!

Make me feel bad, why don'tcha?

Nah, I knew that their team was one of the best. I just hope my team is about that good also

PS: We have a team name - The Kitchener Schmidts, in honor of our favorite player in the whole world - Uncle Milty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad