OT: MLB Thread Part XXVIII: Vote Starlin Castro for the ASG

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Keuchel didn't want to go to Yankees. There were question marks on Verlander, Astros fixed him. Would we do the same? Again, Corbin has 5+ ERA outside of Bats park. Imagine Corbin pitching half of his games at YS. We'll get a chance at Cole in few months.
Yankee stadium is one of the best pitchers park this season.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
It is. Not sure how.

...and on top of that, Nats park has been a neutral/slightly hitter friendly park over the past five years so I'm not sure where you are going with your line of thinking on Corbin. It's possible he has better numbers at home because of the familiarity/consistency of the mound. Happens with a bunch of pitchers.

Corbin wouldn't have likely been a total answer to the starting pitcher issues but he could have helped much more than the late 30s Happ who, despite some success last year, had decreased velo and peripherals trending in the wrong direction.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
All players go through a cold streak or two through out the course of a long MLB season but to see all the Yankee starting pitchers get shelled since last Sunday is concerning.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Yankees never push their starters enough. I think it's a big reason they never develop beyond being very good against bad teams and early exits against the contenders.

Challenge these guys. Sabathia isn't one to go long in games, but Paxton? He needs to be pushed. When Severino comes back, they need to do it to him too. They coddle these guys. It's been that way since Joba/Hughes/Kennedy were coming up.

Lean on the pen all the time. It's their biggest hurdle to becoming a team that will win titles.

Easy to say that but you need horses who can turn a line up over a 3rd time and pitch 8 innings. They don’t have that currently.

Well see what happenes when Severino comes back and if Paxton can rebound.

Reactions: RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
That nerd cashman has put together a team that has the chance to win for a decade. Guess that's not enough
Yeah its not gona be enough when they win nothing with this pitching staff he has assembled.

But hey lets give him a pass.

@darko

Keuchel didnt come here because of money, not because he didnt want to be here.

Verlander had his struggles but his career numbers would have said to take a chance on him.

Yea sure Corbin has struggled this year but the fact is we didnt even make any real effort for him when we so desperately needed pitching. Thats the concerning part.

Cole. Great we’ll get another “shot” at him in the offseason. After we have wasted another great season because we didnt have the pitching to come home with the real goal. And then we probably risk passing on Cole if the money gets too crazy.

Enough with the credit to Cashman. Enough. They have been beat down the last 3 games and quite honestly the week in the starting pitching department. Pitching wins championships. And now he will have to overpay to get a SP who isnt even an Ace, as much as I like Stroman, to fix is ineptitude because the league has by the balls.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Yeah its not gona be enough when they win nothing with this pitching staff he has assembled.

But hey lets give him a pass.

@darko

Keuchel didnt come here because of money, not because he didnt want to be here.

Verlander had his struggles but his career numbers would have said to take a chance on him.

Yea sure Corbin has struggled this year but the fact is we didnt even make any real effort for him when we so desperately needed pitching. Thats the concerning part.

Cole. Great we’ll get another “shot” at him in the offseason. After we have wasted another great season because we didnt have the pitching to come home with the real goal. And then we probably risk passing on Cole if the money gets too crazy.

Enough with the credit to Cashman. Enough. They have been beat down the last 3 games and quite honestly the week in the starting pitching department. Pitching wins championships. And now he will have to overpay to get a SP who isnt even an Ace, as much as I like Stroman, to fix is ineptitude because the league has by the balls.

They've unquestionably made some questionable decisions lately. I think overall though what Cashman has done is a huge net positive, but when it comes to putting the last few pieces to the puzzle together he's struggled.

I'm certain part of this disastrous Red Sox series is due to the Yankees not taking them seriously enough after dominating them for most of the year and being up 11 games. They'd forgotten that this is a gritty ass team they're playing against that holds grudges and certainly has the capability of digging themselves out of a big hole. Now they have the confidence they need to do just that

These guys a deep hard look at themselves in the mirror. What they've done this year is impressive but none of is going to matter if they continue to let the red sox have their way with them

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Everyone loved the Paxton move when it was made. Revisionist history now makes it look bad, but it's still a good trade. Severino going down isn't his fault. That should have been the foundation of the rotation.

Pair that with German having his start and Tanaka being solid. Cannot blame Cashman for missing on other guys.

The only issue is bringing Sabathia back, but that's more of a locker room presence than anything. The other 4 should be able to go 6 innings.

Feel like early in the season guys were being pulled early while pitching well. I can understand not pushing Sabathia, but the others should be out there for 100 pitches and go from there.

If Boone is managing the Mets last night, Matz comes out after 6 90% there and the pen is in. That's the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad