MLB The Show 17

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
What would consist of the tournament?

Yea we would have to set it up in play vs Friends mode. As for the structure of the tourney that all depends on how many we get entered in (round robin vs single/double elimination bracket, etc.). We could set up roster rules to limit the number of diamond players to give everyone a more equal playin field or set up roster rules like the events.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Might have to take a break from this game it is way too aggravating right now with the last tuner.
3hrs away with rookies for part of the dynasty program and I cannot come close. Playing at Polo Grounds for like 10 straight games vs CPU on rookie and everything is pop fly, ground ball, singles. Such a grind. Might get lucky and put one in the gap but that's once every 2 games maybe for an inside park HR. Honestly can't remember the last time I put a ball over the wall.

If they have hitting on a 100 point scale they must have turned human power down to 2. Playing CPU on rookie mode you should be able to smash on them for fun not small ball grind for runs. 11 pitch at bats for their guys and at least 20 blown calls by the umpire a game.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Might have to take a break from this game it is way too aggravating right now with the last tuner.
3hrs away with rookies for part of the dynasty program and I cannot come close. Playing at Polo Grounds for like 10 straight games vs CPU on rookie and everything is pop fly, ground ball, singles. Such a grind. Might get lucky and put one in the gap but that's once every 2 games maybe for an inside park HR. Honestly can't remember the last time I put a ball over the wall.

If they have hitting on a 100 point scale they must have turned human power down to 2. Playing CPU on rookie mode you should be able to smash on them for fun not small ball grind for runs. 11 pitch at bats for their guys and at least 20 blown calls by the umpire a game.

For homeruns, I've found Shibe Park easier than Polo Grounds. It's not quite as shallow down the lines, but it's not crazy deep in the gaps either. It's honestly difficult to get a double because the walls are so shallow. I would give it a shot.

I know what you mean about the hitting. I just started swinging for power at every pitch trying to get the 40 HRs for the Sandberg Program. It'll come eventually.

I also stack my lineup to be good at hitting one handedness of pitchers(usually righties) and if I start the game against a lefty I would just back out and start another.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
I will try Shibe once my buy order goes through. One rookie HR away so been trying to just smash one in a quick Conquest on rookie game and get all these rookie cards off my team never to be seen again words can't express how much I hate these guys ha

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Here's a question for ya:

If MLB The Show 18 gets the license for MiLB ballparks for, in this case, Class AAA & AA levels, which ballparks would you play at?

My choices:
The Diamondbacks affiliates
Isotopes Park (Minute Maid Park took out Tal's Hill, but the Isotopes hasn't taken out theirs.)
Autozone Park (I was born in Memphis.)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm one walk and a like 15 SS assists from IV Hanley. Already finished the Sandberg, Hernandez, and Oswalt programs. Hope they bring out a new one(preferably a catcher as that's really the only position I need) this week. I wish EA would do something similar to programs for NHL. Could be a very similar format too. Main chunk being to match this player's MVP season stats. get all of their goals, assists, hits, game winning goals, shots on net etc. It would be time consuming, just like the MLB Programs are, but it would be rewarding.

I'm also grinding the new All Star CPU missions a bit, though they don't have my full focus just yet. Once I finish Hanley I'm going full steam ahead to get Wainwright and Visquel. Not going to go after the 99 Utley because I already have Sandberg at 2B(and he's better than Utley), and because it requires me to have 50 All Star players and I have like 27 right now. After I complete all of the VS. CPU missions I'll have like 33. I'm not buying 17 All Stars off the market for like 2-20K a piece. He's not worth it at all.

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'm one walk and a like 15 SS assists from IV Hanley. Already finished the Sandberg, Hernandez, and Oswalt programs. Hope they bring out a new one(preferably a catcher as that's really the only position I need) this week. I wish EA would do something similar to programs for NHL. Could be a very similar format too. Main chunk being to match this player's MVP season stats. get all of their goals, assists, hits, game winning goals, shots on net etc. It would be time consuming, just like the MLB Programs are, but it would be rewarding.

I'm also grinding the new All Star CPU missions a bit, though they don't have my full focus just yet. Once I finish Hanley I'm going full steam ahead to get Wainwright and Visquel. Not going to go after the 99 Utley because I already have Sandberg at 2B(and he's better than Utley), and because it requires me to have 50 All Star players and I have like 27 right now. After I complete all of the VS. CPU missions I'll have like 33. I'm not buying 17 All Stars off the market for like 2-20K a piece. He's not worth it at all.
That's one of the main reasons i quit playing and will continue to not buy the game.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
In my franchise mode, I try the same trade that brought J.D. Martinez to the D-Backs, but the Tigers weren't biting. I guess things that happen in the real world won't happen in the cyber world.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Anybody play R.A. Dickey? Is his knucleball very accurate? Are knuckleballs accurate in the game? Because I played against R.A. in my D-Backs franchise and he was around 80% in the strike zone, and that annoyed me.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
New Legend Programs dropped today for Guidry and Robinson. Both entirely doable always happy to see the new ones with no online modes needed for completion.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
New Legend Programs dropped today for Guidry and Robinson. Both entirely doable always happy to see the new ones with no online modes needed for completion.

I'm gonna let these two programs get done naturally. Neither of them would crack my lineup so theres really no need to grind for them. Was hoping for other players. oh well

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm short on tickets and SDS drops that amazing Rivero card on us in the Ticket Counter... but I can't afford it.

**** you SDS :cry:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'm short on tickets and SDS drops that amazing Rivero card on us in the Ticket Counter... but I can't afford it.

**** you SDS :cry:

I'm contemplating on getting it but I wanted to see if they give his LS a curveball as well. Although I here he's hitting speeds of 101-102 so I might just get it anyways.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Is the PS3 offline play on MLB 15 buggy/slow or is it okay? Otherwise I'd just get 14.

It's fine. I'm actually amazed the servers for online in 15 are still up but yeah I randomly will go back to older games for the lineups and I played MLB 11 the other day works as good as ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad