MLB regular season thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
I have to admit, I get great joy seeing Mike Napoli make Mike Scioscia look like a total buffoon. Scioscia in his infinite wisdom did preferred to have Jeff Mathis on his team over him, Scioscia at the time didn't believe in having a consistent DH, and thus he lobbied to have Napoli traded for next to nothing.

Scioscia's power over the organization has driven the team into the ground. Imagine where this team would be if they did not find Mike Trout....even more hopeless.

If Trout demands a trade soon, nobody can blame him, and if I were him, I may do it I can't imagine he wants to spend his best years on a 70 win team

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I have to admit, I get great joy seeing Mike Napoli make Mike Scioscia look like a total buffoon. Scioscia in his infinite wisdom did preferred to have Jeff Mathis on his team over him, Scioscia at the time didn't believe in having a consistent DH, and thus he lobbied to have Napoli traded for next to nothing.

Scioscia's power over the organization has driven the team into the ground. Imagine where this team would be if they did not find Mike Trout....even more hopeless.

If Trout demands a trade soon, nobody can blame him, and if I were him, I may do it I can't imagine he wants to spend his best years on a 70 win team

Trout isn't that kind of guy.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
This is great.

Almost as good as this team slogan:

0ee7b91090dc69bd76e8fe4117309dfc.jpg

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Cards are getting peppered already

Here's hoping the Cubs run that score up, arms folded, knowing there's nothing the cardinals can do about it.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Cubs knock out Wainright after two innings.

Good luck getting runs against Jake. You have to earn those.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Cant wait to see the marlins win the 1 game playoff with Jose and then get destroyed because they have no other starters

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Cubs now at +199.

lol another 2 run homer, make it +201.

Mind-boggling that they still can trade Soler or Baez (or even both) in a deal for a SP this winter and they would still have a full lineup with Schwarber coming back.

Last edited:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
We have a clown pounding at Wrigley! :handclap: Clearly, the Cards did not look in the mirror this morning as the Cubs continue to toy with them as they have most every other team. Our beloved homer has earned another day to brag & it is indeed time to start thinking about the magic number for clinching the NL Central, as the Cubbies continue to say "Hello down there" :nod:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Cubs using up all their wins now for some reason. So stupid of them. Whatever happened to taking it easy? Guess they know that regular season is their only chance to win games ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad