Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Grand slam for old man Utley.
s8vPjis.jpg

Message received I guess, New York.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
The home plate umpire decided this game. Syndergaard made him back off the plate, got tossed and now Utley is comfortable because he knows there will be no inside pitch.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The home plate umpire decided this game. Syndergaard made him back off the plate, got tossed and now Utley is comfortable because he knows there will be no inside pitch.

I wouldn't call throwing behind a guy an "inside pitch." Come on now. You knew exactly what he was doing. :laugh:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
He didn't hit him. Give him a warning and move on. Don't toss him. It changed the game.

I'm guessing the umpire warned them before the game. And if he didn't, why do it anyways? Going inside but not hitting him is one thing. Throwing behind him? You know the intent of that, especially from a guy like Syndergaard who can control his pitches.

If you wanted to do that, save it for a scrub reliever who doesn't know where the pitch is going. Instead you probably lost 4 or 5 more awesome innings because you're being giant babies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm guessing the umpire warned them before the game. And if he didn't, why do it anyways? Going inside but not hitting him is one thing. Throwing behind him? You know the intent of that, especially from a guy like Syndergaard who can control his pitches.

If you wanted to do that, save it for a scrub reliever who doesn't know where the pitch is going. Instead you probably lost 4 or 5 more awesome innings because you're being giant babies.

If the umpire warned them before the game there's no shot Thor was going to throw at him. It was an overofficious decision by a rookie call-up umpire.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
The fact that the Mets could never retaliate on Utley after his dirty as hell slide in the playoffs is crap. In addition MLB rescinded his suspension. Everyone knew this was coming at some point. Syndergaard's pitch had intent, but he came nowhere close to the head. Warn him and move on. That's the issue I have. There was no intent to injure. It was a message to him that he won't mess with us. And the umpire got in the middle of it and for the rest of this game the Mets pitching staff could not throw inside.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The fact that the Mets could never retaliate on Utley after his dirty as hell slide in the playoffs is crap. In addition MLB resided his suspension. Everyone knew this was coming at some point. Syndergaard's pitch had intent, but he came nowhere close to the head. Warn him and move on. That's the issue I have. There was no intent to injure. It was a message to him that he won't mess with us. And the umpire got in the middle of it and for the rest of this game the Mets pitching staff could not throw inside.

This isn't over. They'll hit Utley again.

I love baseball feuds. :laugh:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
White Sox with an epic collapse in 9th inning ,, Fallen back to earth hard

#### Robin Ventura ,, #### Jerry Reinsdorf

No way should Robin have a job in first place let alone still leading this team into gutter

As for these Shields rumors ,, If Sox gut future for a 34 yr old SP this team will be going nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad