MLB off-season News & Notes thread (Phils sign Kingery to 6 year deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
**** that. The A's already had their small market money taken away from them and the league hasn't done **** for them wrt getting a new stadium deal in place.

Do I wish the A's spent more? Yeah. A guy like LuCroy would be a vast upgrade on the bums they're trotting out at the C position this year, but with a stadium falling apart, next to nothing in tv deal revenue, and a group of young players that will be due raises sooner than later, they have no real incentive to spend right now.

The A's have the clearest objection to being lumped in with these teams, that's for sure.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Andujar two HR game and now 4 total in spring in 10 at bats.

Scary thing is he isn't even the best prospect the Yankees will have up by June.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
If Andujar keeps this up it'll be another great asset for the Yankees, they could very well win 100 games this year.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
russell wilson actually got an AB for the yankees today

pretty ridiculous. not sure why the yankees feel the need to pull off a publicity stunt like this. give that AB to someone who's actually trying to make the big leagues

Reactions: AdmiralsFan24

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Jays will still compete for the second wild card position with the Angels, Mariners and Twins imo. Doesn't really make sense to blow up a team that can still make a run.

I really don’t see the Jays in contention with any of those teams.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
(Reaches for a cheese danish, licks fingers slowly)

Oh dear, looks like the teams ive picked to meet in the WS are pretty much dominating ST.

I wouldnt put the Yankees on the Cubs level just yet, they might be one day, but, imo, the next three years are the Cubs as the MLB superteam other teams need to beat.

And what can you say about Ian Happ so far? Such a wonderful player to watch.

Heres to the rest of the league- good luck.

#gocubsgo

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Depends. If Estrada bounces back and Sanchez stays healthy they can.

Stroman/Sanchez/Happ/-Estrada is a good rotation. Better than Cubs one that's for sure.

True. That rotation is actually pretty damn sick. I’m not a big Jays fan anymore, so kind have forgot about that part of their lineup other than my guy Stro.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
as expected, A's DFA's brandon moss

i'd be pretty surprised if anyone gave him a shot at this point

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Lol @ dominating spring training

Cubs lost to Milwaukee first game of the season. REALLY bad sign. Pretty clear that they got the jump on them and are the front runners for the division champs this year. Will be fun to see them battle it out with the Cards for top spot.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
The Central will be fun to watch this yr. in the NL. It's still the Cubs division to lose but I'm expecting the Brewers and Cardinals to be in contention going into September.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Lol @ dominating spring training

Hey man, I fully expect this to be the playoffs this year because of the current spring training standings.

AL Wildcard: Cleveland vs Boston
AL East Champion: New York
AL Central Champion: Kansas City
AL West Champion: Houston

NL Wildcard: Milwaukee vs Washington
NL East Champion: Miami
NL Central Champion: Chicago
NL West Champion: San Diego

I think everybody has Miami, San Diego and Kansas City as division champions. How could you not? They're all so talented.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, San Diego and Miami will be lucky to not lose 100 games this year. Their records thus far in spring training are good but not a true indicator of what they do this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad