MLB off-season News & Notes thread (Phils sign Kingery to 6 year deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Ohtani got rocked by a Mexican team in a B game, 6 runs allowed in 3 innings. Hasn't exactly impressed thus far. I've read stuff saying his fastball is straight and more 90-91 than 95 mph. Angels need this guy to be legit. Hopefully the rest of their always injured staff is healthy this year, same with the Mets.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Looks like the baseball dream maybe over for Tebow. I think the guy could make it as a commentator for a TV station.

I don't read that into @Mittelstadt's post at all - he got sent down to Minor League camp, which is about what I expected. He finished last season in High-A ball, so it seems realistic to think he'd get sent down. Odds are he'll start the season in High-A and spend most of the season there - if he's lucky he'll get a call-up to Double-A.

Also, posted in the MiLB thread, but pace of play rule changes are going into effect in MiLB this season so I wouldn't be surprised to see them reach MLB next year

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/milb-off-season-news-notes.2422431/#post-143004265

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
30 yr old Tim Tebow will continue to occupy a spot in minors that someone with actual hopes and chances to be an MLB player someday could occupy

But because he is Tim Tebow and no one seems able to tell him and his cult to f*** off ,, We will continue to see this joke continue

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
30 yr old Tim Tebow will continue to occupy a spot in minors that someone with actual hopes and chances to be an MLB player someday could occupy

But because he is Tim Tebow and no one seems able to tell him and his cult to **** off ,, We will continue to see this joke continue
Sorry to disappoint, but Tebow has every right to be on that squad based on his talent

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I don't read that into @Mittelstadt's post at all - he got sent down to Minor League camp, which is about what I expected. He finished last season in High-A ball, so it seems realistic to think he'd get sent down. Odds are he'll start the season in High-A and spend most of the season there - if he's lucky he'll get a call-up to Double-A.

Also, posted in the MiLB thread, but pace of play rule changes are going into effect in MiLB this season so I wouldn't be surprised to see them reach MLB next year

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/milb-off-season-news-notes.2422431/#post-143004265

Tebow will never sniff the majors. His talent isn't even close to being justifiable in getting Major league ABs.

He would have to suddenly become exponentially almost infitirly more skilled at a game he just got back into to have a chance.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Tebow will never sniff the majors. His talent isn't even close to being justifiable in getting Major league ABs.

He would have to suddenly become exponentially almost infitirly more skilled at a game he just got back into to have a chance.

That's nice. Did I say he would? I think I pretty specifically said that I think he'll top out as a Double-A talent at best. In fact, I think I pretty specifically said that I wasn't surprised to see him get cut from major league camp and sent down to the Mets minor league camp. So I have no idea where you get the idea that I think he'll make the majors.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
That's nice. Did I say he would? I think I pretty specifically said that I think he'll top out as a Double-A talent at best. In fact, I think I pretty specifically said that I wasn't surprised to see him get cut from major league camp and sent down to the Mets minor league camp. So I have no idea where you get the idea that I think he'll make the majors.

My fault, misread.

I know Alderson hinted at seeing him at the major league level. It's not going to happen.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

But because he is Tim Tebow and no one seems able to tell him and his cult to **** off ,, We will continue to see this joke continue
He's a better ballplayer than Michael Jordan was.

Reactions: Voight

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, I remember that whole Jordan baseball experiment as well, would have been interesting to see him actually make the MLB.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Yet another Blue Jay's prospect gets busted cheating who "has no clue how a PED ended up in this urine"

You gotta play clean, son. No amount of PEDs are helping that train wreck this year. I find it completely odd that there are two cases of cheating in the same organization that tell the exact same story.

It's time for MLB to check everyone. No free rides.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

such a bummer

cotton really has potential as a bottom of the rotation guy. didn't make the strides last season i expected him to but he's still young and i was excited to see what he could do this season

wonder who's out there they could acquire? cobb? lackey? (lols)

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
such a bummer

cotton really has potential as a bottom of the rotation guy. didn't make the strides last season i expected him to but he's still young and i was excited to see what he could do this season

wonder who's out there they could acquire? cobb? lackey? (lols)
They signed Cahill (sigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad