MLB moving All-Star game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
The problem I have with this is, you are punishing the people of Atlanta, who I believe for the most part are NOT in favor of that new law. I remember when MLB took the game away from Miami (not for political reasons) and it sucked. I wish there was a better way for MLB to have handled this.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The problem I have with this is, you are punishing the people of Atlanta, who I believe for the most part are NOT in favor of that new law. I remember when MLB took the game away from Miami (not for political reasons) and it sucked. I wish there was a better way for MLB to have handled this.
This issue is bigger than the people of atlanta missing out on an MLB all-star game. It's about using power and influence in the service of what's right. It isn't just a georgia issue, either. Most red states are trying to do the same thing. Can't hurt their morals, but can hurt their wallets, and they will listen to that.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
So excited to tell my 10 and 7 year olds, who have been amped since the day it was announced, that we're now not going to the All Star game.

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
Um yes......and if the people of Atlanta, who by and far HATE the new law, are happy with this decision, then I am ok with it, otherwise, I tend not to be in favor of pulling major sporting events for situations such as this.
So blame the state for passing such a travesty of a law instead of the MLB and PA for choosing not to do business with them.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
So excited to tell my 10 and 7 year olds, who have been amped since the day it was announced, that we're now not going to the All Star game.
Thank you......this was my point.......there are better ways to deal with this.

And to the Russian Racket.....yes I DO blame the state and I hate the new law, but you are penalizing people who for the most part have nothing to do with that law being passed.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
If thinking voting suppression targeted along racial lines is "woke" then I am wide f***ing awake.
It’s not voter suppression to require photo Id to vote. It’s not voting suppression to make it so people wearing a candidate shirt can’t hand out water and snacks. So now they even can’t travel around Georgia and collect votes at churches and they can’t mass send out mail ballots.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rob Manfried finally gets his day in the sun.

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
you are penalizing people who for the most part have nothing to do with that law being passed.
I'm sorry but that is literally how a state system works. Don't like it? Maybe find a time machine and go and lecture the American revolutionaries about how their ideas are going to cost a city a baseball game.

The MLB is fully in the right here not to have their showcase summer event in a state that is actively anti-democratic along racial lines.

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
It’s not voter suppression to require photo Id to vote. It’s not voting suppression to make it so people wearing a candidate shirt can’t hand out water and snacks
There’s no arguing with these people. If you don’t believe in the narrative set by mainstream media, you’re a POS and have no valid opinion. That’s the current state of this country.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It’s not voter suppression to require photo Id to vote. It’s not voting suppression to make it so people wearing a candidate shirt can’t hand out water and snacks
They targeted black counties when creating these laws. No more mobile voting sites (which were only used in primarily black counties), no more drop off points (primarily used in black counties), and unlimited number of voter registration challenges (hm, wonder who will be challenged?). They also tried to pass a law where mail in voting was illegal, but only in primarily black counties, while keeping it legal in primarily white counties. That lost, thank God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad