OT: MLB 2020 Discussion Opening Day and beyond

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Mets sale is at last official...thank goodness

Whatever comes next, nothing feels better than knowing the Wilpons aren't in charge anymore. I was born in '85, and Fred Wilpon took half control of the team after '86, so I've basically been waiting for this my entire life.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Robinson Cano gets busted for juicing AGAIN. The gift that keeps on giving from Brodie and Jeffy, although at least now McNeil can play his real position!

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Get your copy now. It won't be long before Major League as you know it will be banished from TV and streaming services.

Only if they can't keep up with the music licensing. Thats far more likely to get it knocked off the shelves / off airwaves than this. Look at pump up the volume :(

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well at least Snell won't have to worry about being pulled early as much

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Only if they can't keep up with the music licensing. Thats far more likely to get it knocked off the shelves / off airwaves than this. Look at pump up the volume :(

I never did watch Pump Up the Volume in its entirety, but it was filmed at my high school (a few years before I attended). [/coolstorybro]

----------------

Excited about the Padres getting Snell, basically all-in on the next three seasons.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This type of trade avoids having the overpaid David Prices of the world.

Pretty much every team that wins World Series in baseball has overpaid guys on its roster. The A’s, Rays and Brewers of the world are constantly pushing boulders up the hill against big markets who are also paying attention to analytics, scouting and player development these days.

It’s not a sustainable model for keeping fan interest either. Fans don’t care if billionaires save money, they care if their team gets rid of their two best starting pitchers and constantly trades its best players in the offseason.

Last edited:

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Pretty much every team that wins World Series in baseball has overpaid guys on its roster. The A’s, Rays and Brewers of the world are constantly pushing boulders up the hill against big markets who are also paying attention to analytics, scouting and player development these days.

It’s not a sustainable model for keeping fan interest either. Fans don’t care if billionaires save money, they care if their team gets rid of their two best starting pitchers and constantly trades its best players in the offseason.
No doubt. That is why I prefer a sport like hockey where there is a hard cap to at least get things close to being equal. TBR does not have the revenue to play the way rich teams do. That is really a business issue for the owners if they want teams like the A's, Rays, etc

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
I know I'm posting to my self here but yesterday Cash blew up DJ, Kluber and a host of others he signed. Now I have to call off the hit I put on him. lol Some more pitching a the future looks bright.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad