Player Discussion Mitch Marner

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
There was an ex-NHL'er on the radio yesterday saying that if there is only 1yr left on his deal and if management makes it clear they don't intend to offer him a contract...he said the player would move on without too much fuss. He said if you know you are not wanted on the team...you try and pick a city you might want to give a test drive for a 1yr before committing....very few guys would try and stick it out here in unwanted...especially if your going to have a new home in a year anyways.

Lets hope he is correct in his assumption.
Marner isn't your typical player. How many players relate to him? It's his hometown, it's his dad's dream and presumably his too - to play for the Leafs. He is a celebrity in Toronto, has a bunch of businesses and is among the tops in terms of cash for endorsement deals. I believe I read he has the most endorsement deals by number too. I'm sure he wants more than anything to have a statue on legends row.

I could see him refusing to waive with hopes he can change their minds or potentially hope for a change in management. Also, Leafs had a hell of a time getting Kaberle, Kubina, Tucker and Sundin to waive. Even Kadri refused to be moved but he had a limited NTC, so Leafs found a team he couldn't block.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
people are wayyy too critical of certain players. Is Rielly putting the team on his back like last year? No. Should he be able expected to carry a team? Not at all. Look at Vegas, they have Hanifin, Pietrangelo, Theodore. None of those guys are carrying the team with individual excellence they are just playing solid and doing their part and as a whole the defense is playing great.

Its a team game its not on any player to carry us through. We need a more well rounded team.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Marner is playing with a high ankle sprain...he stays. Nylander had a headache and missed 3 games...good bye.

Rielly playing hurt and easily our best D man
Why are idiots picking on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad