Mitch Marner vs Mikko Rantanen

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Miguel Rantanen is on a hell of a hot streak and Marner had a generational level of bad luck for 7 games but next season he will play for the Stanley cup.

I still take Marner. A 10 game hot streak means nothing.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
I still take Marner. A 10 game hot streak means nothing.

Yep, always amazes me how people get carried away with these hot streaks. Mikko's current streak has been shortish 4 season one (249GP with 109+169=278 in regular season). He's also been streaky in his career playoffs stats (39GP, 16+33=49).
He'll probably continue this current hot streak for a decade or so and wins a few SCs while at it, but that's it.. calm down people! :popcorn:

lowol

Nov 27, 2006
Rantanen has that rare unstoppable quality about him. How he performs on any given night does not really seem to be dependent on who's up against him as his hands/shot/size combo is too much for anyone to defend sometimes. He is sort of inconsistent on his own, however, with stretches where he seems to forget how to stay upright and/or his decision-making drops off. Marner seems more containable but might feast on you a tad more if your team can't stop him. It's not nearly enough of a gap to beat Rantanen as these playoffs have evidenced.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

tomi2

Mar 1, 2007
Yep, always amazes me how people get carried away with these hot streaks. Mikko's current streak has been shortish 4 season one (249GP with 109+169=278 in regular season). He's also been streaky in his career playoffs stats (39GP, 16+33=49).
He'll probably continue this current hot streak for a decade or so and wins a few SCs while at it, but that's it.. calm down people! :popcorn:

Im pretty sure that the dude you are quoting, is being sarcastic :) . Atleast I hope :D

Anyways, Rantanen has separated from Marner. He should be ranked notch ahead of Marner nowadays. At least as good as Marner in the regular season. Worlds better where games really count.

Reactions: Wrath

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The funny part is that this thread will be bumped after a 4 point regular season game against Ottawa in like December next year claiming its Marner again.

Puckluck

Jan 8, 2016
Amazing how this guys hot streak continues. Well, eventually the stats will revert to the mean. :dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad