Value of: Mitch Marner this offseason (2.5 mil retained)

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Haha a ùfa inconsistent playoff no show gets doughty plus, the homer in you is so strong

Doughty has a bad contract and even less playoff success than Marner over the last decade. Doughty makes even more than Marner.

Doughty is pushing getting the same value as Karlsson did back in a trade. They were both in the same draft in 2008 with Karlsson winning 3x the Norris' in his career.

This isn't 2014 anymore.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
He has a NMC so hes not gonna go anywhere LOL. Good luck convincing him to help the team,. especially with his daddy.
i dont think he can stand another year of that. i think he'll gladly go before he ends up in the player assistance program for anxiety. he'll probably thrive somewhere quieter.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Something around Power?
This has to be a joke. Marner is a year away from UFA. It's likely gonna be for a d man in a similar position a year away from UFA. His value is way Lower than Leaf fans likely think it is. 3 reasons how many teams can fit him into their cap? How many teams is he willing to waive to. That's gotta be less than 10 now maybe less than 5. Probably less than 3. Now of those teams do any want to pay a guy 10.9 million OR even 8.4 million that won't take a hit to make a play? That's never shown up when it's mattered most. He's likely walking to UFA. Only way I see a deal happening is like to Utah for some futures because he just wants to get out after what's going to be the worst summer of his life.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Doughty has a bad contract and even less playoff success than Marner over the last decade. Doughty makes even more than Marner.

Doughty is pushing getting the same value as Karlsson did back in a trade. They were both in the same draft in 2008 with Karlsson winning 3x the Norris' in his career.

This isn't 2014 anymore.
You're so lost it's absolutely hilarious! Do you watch any other teams than Toronto? Imagine watching hockey dedicating this much time to it and posting that Marner is a better playoff player than Doughty hahahaha.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He has a NMC so hes not gonna go anywhere LOL. Good luck convincing him to help the team,. especially with his daddy.
Nah. I think he will waive for a suitable team. Firstly, he's the #1 scapegoat in Toronto. And he has faced that in the past, but not like this. Like 90% of the Leafs fanbase wants him gone, and I might be understating that number. Coming back to that is tough thing to do. And if Treliving makes it clear that he's not going to get an extension, might as well get it over with now if there is no future for him in Toronto.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
I do not get the retention. As other have pointed out. I love playing with numbers and as others have pointed out.

MM last 4 years is 7th in overall points with 348 pts

6 players in front of him?

Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl, Nathan MacKinnon (12.6), Mikko Rantanen (9.25), Artemi Panarin(11.64), and Auston Matthews(11.63). MM (10.9.03)

For what MM does? He is perfectly paid and plays a complete game. While he may not be as physical as some he a well formed played.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
You're so lost it's absolutely hilarious! Do you watch any other teams than Toronto? Imagine watching hockey dedicating this much time to it and posting that Marner is a better playoff player than Doughty hahahaha.

You should read the posts you respond to.

I said in the last decade Mitch Marner had more playoff success… which he did?

Doughty hasn’t had a good playoff series, or won a round in a decade straight now. Doughty has won 7 playoff games in the last decade combined.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I do not get the retention. As other have pointed out. I love playing with numbers and as others have pointed out.

MM last 4 years is 7th in overall points with 348 pts

6 players in front of him?

Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl, Nathan MacKinnon (12.6), Mikko Rantanen (9.25), Artemi Panarin(11.64), and Auston Matthews(11.63). MM (10.9.03)

For what MM does? He is perfectly paid and plays a complete game. While he may not be as physical as some he a well formed played.
Now tell me what he's done in the playoffs

Marner for Seth Jones.

Hawks get a top line RW who puts up 90pts a year, elite on the PK and would be a great winger and role model for Bedard.
The Leafs get a #1 top pairing dman who would take a lot of pressure off Rielly.
Jones is Nurse 2.0

Not a #1D

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021
Marner has a full NMC he calls the shots if he ever does agree to waive it will be a money in money out trade like Marner for Nurse type of trade.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Now tell me what he's done in the playoffs

Jones is Nurse 2.0

Not a #1D

Playoff pts eh?

20/21
AM 5
MM 4

21/22
AM 9pts
MM 8 Pts

22/23
MM 14
AM 11

23/24
AM 4
MM 3

For a total

AM 29
MM 29

What is your point about the playoffs?

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Maximum chaos

Marner traded to a team that isn't in the playoffs at the deadline. That team trades Marner to the Bruins at 50% and he scores the series winner in the 2025 1st round against Toronto

This is pure fantasy. Not the trade proposal but assuming that Marner would be a difference maker in the playoffs.

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
As a leaf fan - we won’t get what we want for him. His value probably at all time low, and he is not a playoff guy. Going to be super hard to move him let alone get a good return.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
As a leaf fan - we won’t get what we want for him. His value probably at all time low, and he is not a playoff guy. Going to be super hard to move him let alone get a good return.
I agree. They should have traded him last offseason with some retention and got a true second/1st pairing dman.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
You should read the posts you respond to.

I said in the last decade Mitch Marner had more playoff success… which he did?

Doughty hasn’t had a good playoff series, or won a round in a decade straight now. Doughty has won 7 playoff games in the last decade combined.
C'mon man, Doughty won 2 cups, you can't be serious lol

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Just let JT & Marner walk after next season and move on. The 22m will come in handy during the off season.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
C'mon man, Doughty won 2 cups, you can't be serious lol

He won his last cup 11 seasons ago. That’s like saying Toews is still really valuable because he won his last cup after Doughty.

Reactions: Kalv

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Here's the deal about Marner some teams are not concerned about his playoff performances teams looking to get into the playoffs like SJ, Chi, CBJ, ANA, OTT, MTL, DET, STL and so on all will want him as he can produce in the regular season which can help a team make the playoffs.

Don't tell me Chicago will say no he has no value cause of his playoffs. Marner and Bedard might be enough to get Chi to the playoffs. Don't tell me adding him to DET or ANA doesn't push them closer to the playoffs.

Teams will want Marner at full salary. No income tax teams will be all over him knowing they can get him at a lower price vs teams teams that pay huge income tax.

No value is bullshit all teams value players at a different level.

Reactions: Kimota

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad